Rough Terrain (RT) Cranes Business Development Manager (Newport News, VA)
The Rough Terrain (RT) Cranes Business Development Manager is the product expert and primary liaison between the Company and internal and external customers for RT Cranes in the USA; serves as the US liaison with the factory (LWE) as well as being the primary business driver for the RT product strategy. The Business Development Manager will be knowledgeable of Liebherr advantages and benefits compared to major competitors, and responsible for developing and increasing Liebherr market share in the product segment. The Business Development Manager will provide technical expertise and sales support to the Regional Sales Managers, General Manager of Sales, Service Department, and Sales Administration Department.
- Acts as primary driver for LUS/LWE strategy and plan for Rough Terrain cranes in the US, in conjunction with the GM-Sales.
- Provides technical expertise and product knowledge to company sales staff and customers.
- Assists Regional Sales Managers and General Manager Sales in selling company’s products and services to new customers, established customers, and governmental agencies.
- Evaluates sales opportunities and determines who best to manage the individual customer relationships for new RT opportunities.
- Partners and collaborates with the factory, the LUS Marketing Department, the Sales Administration Department, and Regional Sales Managers to ensure maximum customer and sales support for the product line.
- Develops sales presentations either independently or in conjunction with available resources for the use of Regional Sales Managers and General Manager Sales.
- Develops training programs to maximize product knowledge of company sales staff to achieve increased market share across the product range.
- Partners and collaborates with the factory to undertake market studies for the future development of the product line.
- Responsible for maintaining detailed knowledge of Company’s products and competitor’s products.
- Monitors, evaluates and reports the activities and products of the competition.
- Collaborates with the technical staff to identify product improvement suggestions for US market applications and communicates with the factory product development team both needs and recommendations.
- Responsible for reporting to upper level management with progress reports on a regular basis.
- Responsible for maintaining internal and external customer relationships while achieving sales goals.
- Recommends budget expenditures for sales activities and controls expenditures to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining effective market strategies to achieve company sales and profit goals.
- Reports updated information on new projects, their progress and any lost sale activity on a timely basis.
- Participates in the development and implementation of a strategic sales plan to accommodate corporate goals.
- Directs and participates in sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Represents Company at trade association meetings and customer events to promote products.
- Analyzes customer needs for equipment and options and determining if they are compatible with product line.
- Provides direct internal and external customer contact via phone, email, and on-site visits.
- Demonstrated sales and customer service experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of crane lifting and all terrain, crawler crane and rough terrain crane products.
- Demonstrated initiative to visualize, organize, manage, and complete projects in individual and group settings.
- Demonstrated ability to function within a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to interface with all levels of staff.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information.
- Proficiency in MS Office to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Education and Experience
High school diploma and at least 5 years of experience with sales within the crane industry, or an equivalent combination of related experience and education.
The Liebherr Group has a decentralized organizational structure and comprises eleven product divisions. The highest level of management within the Group is a shareholders’ committee made up exclusively of members of the Liebherr family. Liebherr shapes technological advances in many areas. The eleven divisions of the Liebherr Group and the wide product range are the result of decades of experience and in-depth expert knowledge. The exchange of know-how and information between the product divisions promotes innovative ideas and cross-industry developments.
For more information and to apply for this position: