Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company is accepting applications for a Runner (Corpus Christi, TX; Thimble Shoals - Norfolk, VA)
Responsible for providing logistical support to a dredging project jobsite in accordance with Company procedures. Job location is Norfolk, VA. Hours are Monday – Saturday 7:30am -5:30pm must be flexible.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Purchase approved parts, supplies and consumables for office, shore and vessels
- Pull packing slips from deliveries to project site office and identify vessel/location boxes before delivering to crew boat for distribution to vessels and/or shore locations
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record for operating Company owned/leased/rented vehicles
- Help maintain the Company vehicle with scheduled oil changes and other services, as needed, and immediately report any problems regarding the operation of the vehicle
- Responsible for keeping track of receipts from purchases made utilizing the corporate purchasing card
- Assist Site Manager/Contract Manager/Project Manager in the office with clerical duties, as needed
- Responsible for general housekeeping in the Project Site Office including taking out trash daily and keeping inventory
- Log and file End of Shift Questionnaires
- May be assigned additional duties in accordance with project needs
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record for operating Company owned/leased/rented vehicles.
- Must be capable of safely lifting packages and parts weighing up to 50 lbs.
- May be assigned additional duties in accordance with project needs.
- Pre-employment medical screening including drug test and criminal/driving record background check required.
GLDD is a COVID-19 vaccination work environment, and you will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination before you can access the company's office, yard, project sites, equipment or vessels.
Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, disability status, genetic information or any other protected category.
Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company, LLC is the largest provider of dredging, land reclamation and beach nourishment services in the United States, and the only U.S. dredging company with significant international operations. With the largest and most diverse dredging fleet in the United States, Great Lakes serves a wide range of customers including the US Army Corps of Engineers, state, local and foreign governments, and private companies both international and domestic.
Headquartered in Houston, TX, GLDD has more than 200 pieces of ocean going, and inland dredging plant located strategically throughout North America and internationally.
Please click here to learn more or apply.
Learn more about Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company here.