Extraordinary Technology Requires Extraordinary Technicians!
Currently, Cummins is recruiting a RV Technician for their Service Center in Kansas City, MO . This position is a highly qualified technician furnishing a complete set of hand tools and who possesses a detailed knowledge of Cummins/Onan product. Qualified candidates must be experienced in performing maintenance and repair work.
- Highly skilled in diagnosing and correcting problems, testing, checking, repairing and rebuilding within Cummins standard repair times (SRT).
- Ability to operate all machine tools and testing equipment.
- Submits complete written job reports.
- RV technicians must be capable of performing diagnostics and repairs on a variety of manufacturers' coach products.
- RV technicians may specialize in maintaining electrical, hydraulic, plumbing systems, air suspension, air conditioning, tires, and lube/oil/filter. Repairs or replaces generators, appliances and interior components.
- Capable of diagnostics, repairs and rebuilds on engine products in a service workshop under limited supervision
- Applies documented procedures and policies to complete complex repairs, including identifying and preparing required parts and tools
- Disassemble, clean and reassemble engines, engine components and / or generators.
- Performs preventative maintenance based on assessment of engines. Assists more experienced technicians with diagnostics and development of repair plans in the workshop
- Completes required documentation, such as work completed documents, time sheets, warranty claims, quality documents via handwritten forms or business system input screens
- Completes training in line with skill and business requirements
- Maintains work area and tools for cleanliness and proper operation
- Adheres to all relevant Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to their supervisor
- Ability to carry out basic diagnostics using Cummins diagnostic tools on different product types with minimal supervision
- Able to fully use all required Cummins service tools including Insite, EDS, Quick Serve On Line
- Capable of developing collaborative working relationships
- Able to identify and communicate opportunities for work process improvements
- Can resolve common technical problems
- In depth mechanical repair and maintenance capability to carry out external engine repairs including fuel system components without supervision
- Ability to develop and maintain productive customer relationships
Education, Licenses, Certifications:
- GED or High school diploma required
- Apprentice Trained Engine Technician (Preferred)
- Vocational diploma from relevant technical institution
- Locally valid driving permit (Preferred)
- Intermediate level knowledge of and/or experience with engine products
- Standing 7.5 hours per day.
- Pushing/Pulling 4.0 hours per day.
- Sitting 1.5 hours per day.
- Lifting 1.5 hours per day.
- Lifting up to a maximum of 80 pounds.
- Bending 3.0 hours per day.
- Driving 1.5 hours per day.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Base hourly rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify:
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit http://www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today. Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: https://www.cumminstalentcommunity.com/profile/join/. Apply now by clicking here.