1. All mariners are advised of 3 feet reduced vertical clearance of the LA-182 Fixed Bridge, Atchafalaya River Mile Marker (MM) 121. The reduction is for a platform used during repairs and painting of bridge. Operations will commence June 12, 2023 thru approximately June 30, 2024.
2. The 3 feet reduced vertical clearance will take place when the Atchafalaya River gage at Morgan City reads 3 feet or less.
3. If Atchafalaya River gage at Morgan City reads above 3 feet and/or the Atchafalaya River Regulated Navigation Area (RNA) 33 CFR 165.811 is activated for highwater, the vertical reduction will be reduced to 18 inches.
4. Mariners are reminded of their ongoing responsibility to conduct and manage their required navigation assessments and voyage plans to prepare bridge teams for encountering known hazards.
5. For further information on this bulletin or to report any concerns regarding the status of waterways contact one of the phone numbers below:
Marine Safety Unit Houma Officer of the Day: (985) 665-2437
Marine safety Unit Officer of the Day: (985) 397-3300
Marine Safety Unit Houma Waterways Management: (985) 665-2449
Marine Safety Unit Morgan City: (985) 855-0724
Vessel Traffic Services (VTS) Berwick Bay: (985) 380-5370
6. To access all MSIBs in the COTP Houma Zone visit: https://homeport.uscg.mil/
Captain, U.S. Coast Guard
Captain of the Port