Safety Alert: Atchafalaya River -Stouts Pass
1. Navigation channel between MM 114-117 on the Atchafalaya River at Stouts Pass is open to all traffic without restrictions.
2. All Mariners must check in with Vessel Traffic Service Berwick Bay at MM 113 on the Atchafalaya River.
3. The US Army Corps of Engineers conducts regular hydrological surveys of Stouts Pass. Mariners are advised to utilize these surveys during voyage planning and strongly urged not to use track lines older than October 1, 2022. Surveys can be found here: https://www.mvn.usace.amy.mil/
4. All mariners are reminded that Little Island Pass, Middle Island Pass, and Riverside Pass remain closed to commercial vessel traffic due to active underwater exposed pipelines.
5. Marine Safety Information Bulletin 032-22 is canceled and superseded by this alert.
6. For further information on this bulletin or to report any concerns regarding the status of waterways contact the phone number below:
Vessel Traffic Service Berwick Bay: (985) 380-5370
Marine Safety Unit Houma Officer of the Day: 985) 665-2437
Marine Safety Unit Morgan City Officer of the Day: (985) 397-3300
Marine Safety Unit Houma Waterways Management: (985) 665-2449
Marine Safet Unit Morgan City Waterways Management: (985) 380-5375
7. To access all MSIBs in the COTP Houma Zone visit: https://homeport.uscg.mil/
Captain, U.S. Coast Guard
Captain of the Port