- The USACE has conducted a hydrological survey of the dredged channel in Stouts Pass, Atchafalaya River Mile Marker (MM) 113 to 117. Based on the survey results, the Coast Guard has determined that all previous restrictions are removed. Mariners are strongly advised not to rely on the buoy locations and to continue to use caution while transiting Stout’s Pass until the Aids to Navigation have been accurately restored.
- Be advised that hydrographic surveys show water depths at the time of the survey, yet shoaling in this area changes daily. All Mariners transiting through Morgan City should report any hazards to navigation to Coast Guard Vessel Traffic Service Berwick Bay at (985) 380-5370.
- All mariners are reminded that Little Island Pass, Middle Island Pass, and Riverside Pass remain closed to commercial vessel traffic due to active underwater exposed pipelines.
- Conducting proper navigation assessments, or voyage planning, is critical for mariners to be aware of known hazards to be encountered during a voyage. Vessels found to be in violation of any federal law or regulation may subject the owner/operator to civil penalties. Credentialed mariners that violate this COTP navigation restriction or federal law or regulation may be subject to Suspension and Revocation action. The Coast Guard sets advisories based on the information obtained from the hydrographic surveys conducted by the Army Corps of Engineers. These surveys should be considered during voyage planning and can be found here: https://www.mvn.usace.amy.mil/ under Missions > Navigation > Channel Survey
- Marine Safety Information Bulletin 025-22 is cancelled and superseded by this alert. To access all MSIBs in the COTP Houma Zone visit: https://homeport.uscg.mil/port-directory/Houma
L. T. O’Brien
Captain, U.S. Coast Guard
Captain of the Port