1. Characteristics of the navigation channel between MM 114-117 on the Atchafalaya River at Stouts Pass may present challenges to safe navigation.
2. All Mariners must check in with Vessel Traffic Service Berwick Bay at MM 110 on the Atchafalaya River.
3. The US Army Corps of Engineers conducts regular hydrological surveys of Stouts Pass. Mariners are advised to utilize these surveys during voyage planning and strongly urged not to use track lines older than October 1, 2022. Surveys can be found here: https://www.mvn.usace.amy.mil/ under Missions > Navigation > Channel Surveys
4. All Mariners transiting through Morgan City should report any hazards to navigation to Coast Guard Vessel Traffic Service Berwick Bay at (985) 380-5370.
5. All mariners are reminded that Little Island Pass, Middle Island Pass, and Riverside Pass remain closed to commercial vessel traffic due to active underwater exposed pipelines.
6. Vessels found to be in violation of any federal law or regulation may subject the owner/operator to civil penalties. Credentialed mariners that violate this COTP navigation restriction or federal law or regulation may be subject to Suspension and Revocation action.
7. Marine Safety Information Bulletin 026-22 is cancelled and superseded by this alert. To access all MSIBs in the COTP Houma Zone visit: https://homeport.uscg.mil/port-directory/Houma
L. T. O’Brien
Captain, U.S. Coast Guard
Captain of the Port