Bacon Farmer Workman Engineering & Testing, Inc. is accepting applications for a Safety Director (Paducah, KY)
- BS in Occupational Safety & Health or equivalent degree
- 7-15 years of experience in health and safety training and consultation experience is required.
- In-Depth knowledge of company safety policies and applicant Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards
- Strong Supervisory and leadership skills
- Detail-oriented and thorough
- Critical Thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to explain technical concepts in simple terms
- Excellent customer service, telephonic, electronic, and written communication skills.
- Willingness to accept occasional out-of-town travel assignments to travel to job sites and office locations
- Proficient in MS Office Programs (Word, Outlook, and Excel)
- Ability to multitask and be able to prioritize multiple assignments
- Ability to be self-motivated, friendly, and positive in the work environment
- Ability to Obtain Certified Safety Professional certification (CSP)
- Ability to obtain Certified Industrial Hygienist certification (CIH)
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Conducting project safety inspections and orientations
- Provide safety training for employees on policies, regulations, and procedures
- Collaborate with and advise the company’s administrative team on safety issues and compliance in specific projects and operations
- Observation and monitoring of worksite employees and safety practices including stopping operations and activities that could harm employees or equipment
- Maintain accurate and current safety records in accordance with guidelines
- Analyze incident reports, metrics, and injuries in order to improve safe work practices, policies, and training programs
- Complete document reviews, contractor correspondence, and document management
- Other tasks and activities within the realm of the EHS profession within the manager’s skills, abilities, certifications, and authorizations
- Medical Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance (employee coverage employer paid)
- Employer Paid Life Insurance of $50,000
- Additional Life Insurance available for employee and dependents
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Employer Paid Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Generous Company Match 401k
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- Remote Work Possible
- Flexible Schedule
Bacon Farmer Workman Engineering and Testing The Bacon Farmer Workman and Marcum Engineering family of companies are committed to providing multi-disciplined, full-service engineering excellence through planning, design, and construction observation phase services for Civil, Structural, Transportation, Mechanical and Electrical projects of diverse complexities.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.
Learn more about Bacon Farmer Workman Engineering and Testing here.