SUMMARY OF POSITION:
- Reporting to the Terminal Manager, Fullen Dock and Warehouse (FDW), the Terminal Safety Manager oversees Company’s Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) efforts at FDW. Ensures Enstructure safety programs are effectively implemented. Conducts and documents EHS observations across all operations, identifies and mitigates hazards, coordinates all training for FDW, and responsible for effective implementation of EHS Insight at the terminal.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts incident, hazard investigations, reports initial findings to Terminal Manager, logs in EHS Insight.
- Consults with other Terminal and Regional departments to provide EHS guidance on new or changed operations and projects.
- Actively observes work areas and operations across all locations to identify and mitigate hazards, and fully implement FDW safety programs.
- Conducts or coordinates EHS training to achieve 75% or greater employee participation, maintains records of same.
- Maintains Terminal safety records, including OSHA Recordkeeping, hazard identification & mitigation, incidents, audit & inspection in EHS Insight.
- Fosters continuous safety improvement by engaging employees on a consistent basis.
- Ensures that EHS inspections and work observations are conducted and documented in EHS Insight, including at a minimum, but not limited to:
- pre-vessel inspections,
- fire safety / equipment inspections,
- stormwater inspections,
- work observations—2 day / 2 night shift per month minimum,
- facility housekeeping inspections,
- others as required.
- Maintain Tier II inventories, prepare and submit annual reports.
- Maintain Hazard Communication files, chemical inventories and SDS library.
- Manage inventory of safety supplies and coordinate replenishment orders.
- Manage lifting gear inspections and recordkeeping, ensuring that all lifting gear in use has a current certification, current quarterly chain inspection.
- Ensures that a pre-shift or task related safety meetings (“toolbox talks”) are held and documented in EHS Insight.
- Attend morning Safety Toolbox meetings a minimum of two days a week. In rotation with other managers, participate in leading discussions.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Models and reinforces safety as a top priority of the organization.
- Meets schedules and deadlines, adheres to policies and procedures and maintains a good attendance record.
- Exercises good interpersonal skills by gladly assisting others to accomplish work of the organization, even if it is outside the scope of regular duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Minimum of a high school diploma. Associate or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5-10 years terminal operations experience.
- Possesses extensive operational and safety knowledge.
Technical and Mental Skills
- Responds effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Applies concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Defines problems, collects data, establishes facts and draws valid conclusions.
- Recognizes and maintains confidentiality of information.
- Organizes and manages time, duties and activities effectively and independently.
- Ability to enter data and quickly understand various software platforms.
Routine travel to assist at other Enstructure facilities, particularly in the Western Rivers / Gulf Region, required
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about Fullen Dock Warehouse here.