Since 1908, Massman Construction Co. has been developing and improving transportation and commerce along U.S. waterways. For five generations of the Massman family, we have been an integral part of both private and public infrastructure investment and the growth of our country.
With over 1,700 completed projects, Massman teams have constructed many of our nation’s most impressive bridges; complex lock, dam, and flood control structures; and efficient ship barge loading facilities. In the process, we have conceived of and implemented solutions for unique challenges in and along our nation’s coastlines and inland waterways.
Our vision is to be the contractor and employer of choice for construction services and solutions in the heavy civil, marine, and transportation markets by exceeding customer expectations and providing unsurpassed value.
Plan, direct and implement the Company safety program on the assigned project, to ensure a safe, healthy and incident and injury free (IIF) work environment. Foster a culture and a commitment to the IIF concept of personal responsibility & behavioral-based safety within the organization.
Responsible for the safety of all field personnel and sub-contractors on assigned projects.
- Lead, support and help foster the company’s Incident and Injury Free Safety culture
- Train/mentor our project front line leaders in assigning work in our IIF manner
- Insure that specific objectives and strategies are maintained to have an effective safety program that complies with federal, state and local safety regulations
- Conduct comprehensive on-site safety assessments of projects as part of constant monitoring process and monitor corrective actions taken
- Provide recommendations on the Safety Manual, Safety/EEO booklet, and Substance Abuse Policy
- Conduct new employee safety orientation and indoctrination
- Plan and implement programs to train employees in work site safety practices
- Provide information, signs, posters, personal protective equipment, barriers, etc.
- Review accident and incident documentation to insure required records and reports are complete and accurate; ensure corrective action is implemented
- Participate in accident investigations; produce investigative reports
- Maintain safety files and records; prepare reports for management as needed
- Ensure company policies and procedures are understood and implemented consistently
- Communicate and reinforce the Company vision, values and goals
- Must have OSHA30 training
- Occupational safety/health degree or equivalent combination of training and related experience
- 1-5 years of experience in heavy civil marine construction and/or Army Corp of Engineers requirements a plus.
- Must have clear understanding of OSHA construction regulations.
- Thorough understanding of and ability to enforce all federal, state, local and Company regulations.
- General knowledge of marine construction and Army Corps of Engineers requirements (EM385 1-1) a plus.
- Ability to recognize hazardous situations and implement corrective measures.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to train and educate others.
- Good computer skills (MS office software, Outlook)
Must be willing to travel to specific jobs within the New Orleans region
Massman Construction Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
It is the employment policy and practice of Massman Construction Co. to recruit and to hire qualified employees without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other classes protected by applicable law, and to not discriminate with respect to compensation and opportunities for advancement, including upgrading, promotion and transfers.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.