As the Safety and Training Auditor, you will be responsible for the implementation, assessment and evaluations of vessel safety training processes, controls and practices in accordance with State/Federal regulations, the Parker Towing Company certified Towing Safety Management System and other company safety management programs.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Performing safety training and drills on-board Parker Towing Company vessels as directed by the Administrative Services Department.
- Participate in the development of new programs, policies, and procedures to enhance the overall company safety culture.
- Perform Internal Vessel Audits as required by the Parker Towing, Safety Management System.
- Present training and compliance briefs to all employees.
- Standardize safety training procedures and processes across the vessel fleet.
- Be able to work closely with management, boat crew and dock workers to ensure a safe, efficient, and reliable training evaluation process.
- Work with USCG, third party auditors and other regulatory agencies regarding certifications training and compliance issues.
- Other duties as assigned by Parker Towing Company management group.
WORK EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must possess strong verbal and written English communications skills.
- Must be able to live and work on Parker Towing Company vessels for extended periods of time as required.
- Must have strong computer skills and understanding of Microsoft Word /Excel and other potential programs related to the towing and barge industry.
- Ability to travel, participate in industry conferences, training and certification courses as required.
If you would like to apply for this position, please click here.