DCL Mooring & Rigging is accepting applications for a Sales Executive (New Orleans, LA)
Position and Company Overview:
Product and industry knowledge, responsiveness, customer care and energy within DCL’s inside sales team has been a cornerstone in DCL’s successful history of consistently exceeding customer requirements. The inside sales team partners with the outside sales force and the operations department to secure the sale, affect the delivery and manage customer service activities. The information gathered by the inside team feeds the entire sales process and is critical to DCL’s continued success.
Generate sales of DCL’s products and services, close sales opportunities and maintain favorable and supportive relationships with customer, company and supplier personnel.
- Major Areas of Accountability:
- Align with the company purpose, culture and vision.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, co-workers, suppliers, and management.
- Promote, generate, negotiate, and close the sale of company products and services through telephonic, electronic and written communication with customers and suppliers.
- Respond promptly and effectively to customer and supplier inquiries.
- Develop existing customer accounts and identify new accounts.
- Establish and maintain favorable and supportive relationships with customer, company and supplier personnel.
- Serve as an interface between customers, company personnel and vendors to obtain and communicate technical information, support product delivery, ensure customer satisfaction, identify new opportunities and ascertain customer and industry needs.
- Periodically call on customers to identify their needs for company products and services.
- Work closely with customer, company, and supplier personnel to understand and meet customer needs.
- Continuously maintain active professional growth by participating in trade associations and attending appropriate seminars and classes to keep all necessary certifications and skills current.
- Monitor and report on competitive activity and market intelligence and provide feedback within the company.
- Develop and provide sales forecasts within area of responsibility.
- Work on special projects as necessary
- Bachelor degree and/or min. 2 years experience in sales or related industry fields with preference for experience in the marine, oil & gas and industrial areas.
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written, and deal tactfully with personnel, vendors, customers, and the general public.
- Experience and skills in computer usage and technology.
- Capable of working with a high degree of personal discipline, drive and professionalism.
- Positive attitude, strong reasoning ability and assertiveness
- Sales, leadership and interpersonal skills and qualities.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Display moral integrity and a desire to continuously learn and grow
- Ability to work within a team environment, take directions, learn and coach.
- Pass background check and drug testing before and during employment, with no disqualifications
- Sit frequently, stand and walk occasionally.
- Push, pull and reach above shoulders frequently. Squat, crouch, bend and kneel occasionally.
- Occasionally lift up to 25 lbs. and frequently lift up to 10 lbs.
- Use hands for simple and firm grasping and fine manipulation
To provide the most safe, effective and economical lifts and connections to marine and industrial customers.
DCL Operating Principles:
- Safety of life, limb and property is never compromised and is our first priority.
- Our products and services are made right, the first time.
- We respect people, equipment and property at all times.
- Customer service drives all of our actions and is the most important part of our business.
DCL Quality Policy:
- Understand our customer’s requirements
- Meet those requirements each and every time and
- Continuously improve our processes
To be the dominant rope, rigging, mooring and industrial supply company in the areas we operate and markets we serve.
DCL Mooring and Rigging is a growing New Orleans-based company, and an industry leader in providing products and services for heavy lift and marine applications. We are seeking a professional to join our team as Sales Executive in our New Orleans office. We offer great opportunities for individuals eager to learn and establish a career with a team that prides itself on a culture of safety, innovation, and excellence. This position reports to the Director of Sales and works closely with other Sales Executives. This person will generate sales of DCL’s products and services and close sales opportunities while maintaining favorable and supportive relationships with customer, company and supplier personnel. We are looking for a self-driven, motivated and customer-oriented individual who will be a positive addition to our staff.
For more information and to apply click here.