ACBL: Sales Manager – Liquids (Houston, TX)
American Commercial Barge Line (ACBL) has a Sales Manager position available to fill. This position is responsible for prospecting, developing and implementing sales strategies in support of the organization’s long-term business objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides and supports sales forecasts, operating budgets and utilizes Sales Force for opportunity tracking, weekly call reports and Sales Force templates for quoting.
- Implements and executes strategic sales and marketing plans to achieve agreed to management objectives
- Develops and maintains long term relationships with customers through regular contact meetings with their customers, as well as in-person visits to docks/terminals.
- Provides verbal and written input and feedback to the team related to market trends and market intelligence through regular customer contact and networking as industry events.
- Performs the sales activities on behalf of the company on assigned customer accounts. Responsible for facilitating the sales process from quotation through execution. This includes leading and ensuring the use of the onboarding process with new customers and those contacts coming into new roles.
- Maintains strong work relationships with the Commercial Services team by acting as liaison between customer and ACBL to insure contracts are executed as agreed and participate in allocations and projection meetings to help position the barge fleet to match market demands.
- Utilizes metrics and traffic pattern data to drive sales activity and improve loaded miles and front/backhaul percentages.
- Adheres to the contracting process by coordinating with the contract administrator, so that contract requirements are being followed in accordance with company guidelines, incentives and initiatives.
- Assists CAMs, finance, and other teammates responsible for customer accounts, in the resolving past due payment issues and disputed charges.
- Review market research with the RSD to then provide recommendations to adjust the sales or marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image throughout all related communication channels, promotional materials, and events.
- Represents the company at trade shows, conventions, conferences and other events as assigned.
- Takes lead and plans customer events and other entertainment in accordance with company policy and budgetary guidelines.
- Complies will all company safety, regulatory, and other compliance programs.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree Required
B.S. in Marketing or a related field preferred (Master's degree is a plus)
Previous experience in the transportation industry is required. - Knowledgeable of markets & commodities; negotiations, contract language; financial terms, principles, procedures, boat technology, and operations is preferred. - Proficiency in MS Office, and Google applications
As a leader in inland barge transportation, ACBL moves the grain, dry bulk and liquid commodities relied upon by consumers, businesses and industries every day. ACBL provides a wide array of barging solutions to meet your transportation needs and the flexibility required to support your business. With one of the nation’s largest and newest inland river barge fleets, ACBL operates the safest, most reliable and efficient equipment for transporting cargoes along 7,200 miles of U.S. inland waterways. With a fully integrated network, we provide transloading, warehousing, storage and fleeting services to support barge transportation throughout the Mississippi River System and its tributaries.
To learn more and apply for this position: