Marcus Construction is accepting applications for Sales Representative/ Agriculture Construction Sales (Willmar, MN)
The Sales Representative (Agriculture Construction Sales) will be responsible for developing new sales and managing existing account relationships with an emphasis of growing the Marcus Construction brand and relationships within the Agricultural Construction industries.
- Understand customer business strategy, decision-making process, and customer culture to develop a path for negotiating and closing new business opportunities.
- Conduct sales presentations and coordinate the development of bid proposals and quotes.
- Develop and cultivate positive relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Execute sales strategy to meet monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue goals.
- Gather and share competitive information with appropriate internal departments and assist with customer retention by being aware of competitive situations and proposing counter strategies to defend and gain market share.
- Continually draw insights on customer needs and seek opportunities to translate these into actionable plans and new sales development.
- Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge of the markets and competitive landscape.
- Develop and maintain up to date ‘fact-based’ customer development plans.
- Analyze marketing insights to unlock opportunities for future account growth.
- Effectively use all business tools to document interactions with prospects and to update internal stakeholders on account activity.
- Follow up on leads via phone, email, and face-to-face meetings to connect with future customers.
- Learn and keep up to date on construction processes and building materials to answer customer questions accurately and make recommendations.
- Actively lead sales conversations and take detailed notes that can be translated into construction documents, designs and price quotes.
Education and Experience
- Four year degree in Business Administration or related field; Ag Business, Ag Science, or Agronomy preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in sales preferably in the agricultural industry / construction market.
- Experience using relevant CRM software (HubSpot preferred).
- Proven track record of building sales and driving market growth through organic growth.
- Possess effective negotiation and analytical business selling skills, including experience in prospecting, quoting, and closing profitable new business.
- Ambition to exceed sales goals and contribute to continuous improvement.
- Ability to read drawings and schedules prepared by architects and project managers.
- Must be willing to travel throughout the US for extended periods of time. Possess or be able to obtain a US Passport.
- Ability to effectively communicate with both team members and owners.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
Physical Demands/Working Environment: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Sales Representative position to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. Occasional exposure to marked changes in temperature or humidity and the extremes thereof and moderate noise levels.
The Marcus Mindset
At Marcus Construction, our employees drive the success of our business. Our team effort is what makes us successful and together, we focus on excellence, safety, quality and improvement. We believe that to be the best, it’s crucial we work together to find the best solutions, to deliver the highest value and service to our clients with a sense of safety and urgency. We hold each other accountable for the quality of our work and the results we achieve. We believe in treating each other and our customers with respect and we believe in building long-term, strategic relationships with our customers. We believe in taking care of our assets especially our most important one – our employees. We encourage our employees to take initiative and be a difference maker not only at work but also in our community.
Marcus Construction believes in recognizing our talented and dedicated employees who go above and beyond our expectations to serve our customers, solve problems and continually improve our business. Our total rewards program includes:
- Group Medical Plans
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Savings Accounts
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- 401k with Company Match
- Accident and Critical Illness
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Service Awards
- Team Building Events
Successful completion of a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and background check required.
For more information and to apply click here.