Fuchs – Terex North America Full Circle Terminal is accepting applications for Sandblaster (Newton, NH)
Sandblast parts associated with final product. Responsible for the blasting of components in preparation for the paint department and facilitation of movement of components from one department to another.
Paint parts associated with final product and facilitate the movement of those components from one department to another.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Load and unload the blast booth
- Execute the blasting of parts
- Prep parts to be painted, including engines, motors and hydraulic tanks
- Move large weldments outside once blasted
- Apply prepared paint and primers on parts, components, and machines
- Adjust paint spraying equipment to obtain required finish, coverage, and economy
- Keep spray equipment, spray booth, and paint room in clean, operational, and safe condition
- Operate heavy machinery such as forklifts and overhead cranes to move parts in and out of paint booth
- Proper and safe handling of paint-related products and hazardous waste
- Comply with Terex quality standards through error prevention and by meeting such requirements with zero defects
- Mixes paints and primers within correct ratios
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience
- 0 to 2 years experience in paint applications to include primer and finish
- Experience with rigging/hoisting operations
- Familiarization with respiratory equipment
- Able to wear mandatory PPE required for position
- Air respirator
- Full body blast suit/ Tyvek coveralls
- Knowledge and understanding to comply with all applicable occupational health and safety guidelines
- Knowledge of painting terminology and proper use of equipment
- Must portray excellent time management and organizational skills
- Basic math skills, specifically of ratios
- High school graduate/GED or equivalent
- Knowledge or experience with troubleshooting and performing maintenance on blast equipment
- Knowledge or experience exacting mil coverage of primer and paint
- Adhere to all onsite PPE requirements
- Standing/moving in work area for long periods of time, up to 80% of the time
- Pushing/pulling while blasting machinery
- Bending/kneeling/crouching/crawling/laying around and underneath machinery
- Lifting equipment/parts up to 40 pounds to deliver to staging areas
- Working at height on occasion, ascending/descending ladder or stairs
- Repetitive motions that may include the wrist, hands or fingers
- Blasting area is located in an outside covered tent. This position will face outdoor weather exposures in varying degrees depending on seasons
Terex Corporation is a $4.5 billion, publicly traded global manufacturer of lifting and material processing products and services. The company is passionate about producing equipment that improves the lives of people around the world. Terex operations are global, yet each office or factory is a close-knit community. Terex provides team members with a rewarding career and the opportunity to make an impact. The company values diversity and inclusion, safety, integrity, respect, servant leadership, courage and citizenship. It encourages continuous improvement and offers free courses available through Terex University. Women@Terex provides a supportive network for Terex women in their jobs and careers. It’s an exciting time to be part of the expanding manufacturing sector. Terex is a place where you can work and grow. Come talk to us!
It is the policy of the company to attract and retain the best qualified employees. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified internal or external candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status as a special disabled veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or other qualifying veteran.
The Company offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits, including paid vacation, 401(k), medical, dental, and vision.
Terex Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
For more information and to apply click here.