Seasonal Scale/Probe Clerk (Osceola AR, Dyersburg TN, Tunica MS)
Consolidated Terminals & Logistics is accepting applications for a Seasonal Scale/Probe Clerk (Portageville and Caruthersville, MO)
Founded in 1969, CGB Enterprises, Inc. is known as an innovative and progressive leader in the grain and transportation industries. Today, CGB operates an enterprise with over 100 locations and over 1,000 U.S. employees overseeing a diverse family of businesses that provide an array of services for producers and logistics services for an international base of customers. The combination of our assets provides a growing organization that is celebrating over 50 years of strength and stability!
This job is primarily responsible for performing a variety of work associated with the scale, probe or in an office environment. Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, a variety of duties; weighing trucks in/out trucks, taking grain samples, grading grain and recording information, office administrative support, and other duties as assigned (this job will not perform duties located outside the operation). Responsible for utilizing strong customer service skills to build professional relationships with company customers, as this job serves as an important point of contact for the company.
In this job, you will:
Actual responsibilities will vary depending on daily needs and type of facility.
- Fully participate in the company Safety Program and attends daily pre-shift meetings.
- Perform all duties within compliance of OSHA, company safety, and environmental regulations (ISO where applicable); including wearing appropriate PPE for task being performed.
- Identify inbound trucks; weigh in trucks, record information and take samples, where applicable.
- Perform appropriate tests required for the grading of specific grains, where applicable.
- Electronically record information required e.g. grades, splits, etc.
- Direct trucks to the appropriate location.
- Weigh out empty trucks and accurately record information, where applicable.
- Build and maintain strong professional relationships with customers, while keeping the truck line moving.
- Complete documentation timely, accurately and legibly.
- Label and store samples according to facility protocol, where applicable.
- Perform general clean-up of scale/probe house inside work area.
- Other duties as assigned.
Here’s what you’ll need to be considered:
Required - High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required – None.
Preferred - 1 years’ experience working in an industrial environment with a dependable work record.
Required – Grain grader and/or weighing certificate; if not obtained before hire must obtain in time applicable to perform job duties.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of computers and software.
- Basic mathematical skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of people within and outside the organization.
- Strong multi-tasking skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Able to follow direction and to use logical thought process to interpret oral and written instructions and troubleshoot problems.
- Ability to work well both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to remain focused on exceptional customer service, both internally and externally.
Here’s additional information you need to know:
Physical Demands & Requirements
Ability to lift 30 lbs. occasionally.
Ability to lift 3 lb. samples above the shoulder, frequently, where applicable.
Ability to distinguish grade, color, odor and various damage characteristics in grain samples, where applicable.
Ability to stand or sit constantly/continuously.
Ability to bend and stoop occasionally.
Ability to enter information into a computer.
Ability to climb stairs, where applicable.
Ability to grasp and reach constantly/continuously. and communicate verbally, in person and over two-way radio.
Ability to work in an environment with high dust levels.
Ability to meet requirements of PFT and fit testing, when applicable.
Ability to meet requirement of and utilize all applicable PPE, when applicable.
Ability to distinguish, with a degree of accuracy, differences or similarities in intensity or quality odors, or recognizing particular odors, using nose.
Ability to work extended hours, weekend, holidays and/or alternate shifts as needed.
Uses near, far and peripheral vision and depth perception for task(s) being performed; may need to be able to identify problems with grain.
The work environment described here are meant to be representative of those an employee would normally encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Frequently required to use personal protective equipment.
Travel, 5%-20% travel may be required at some facilities. This may include off-site training and/or work at alternate locations.
Are you ready to make a meaningful career move & an impact at CGB? Apply today!
Known in our industry for stability and high ethics, CGB Enterprises, Inc. offers a stellar benefits package including: an outstanding 401(k) retirement plan with company contributions, medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, life, & disability benefits, flexible spending accounts, paid leave (holidays, vacation, sick), wellness programs, recognition programs, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
CGB Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO is the Law links in English or Spanish.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
To learn more and apply for this position click here.
Learn more about Consolidated Terminals & Logistics here.