Security Guard (Coeymans, NY)
Port Coeymans is accepting applications for a Security Guard in Coeymans, NY. For over 30 years, Carver Companies fundamental belief has been to provide unparalleled service all while maintaining our values of honesty and integrity both on Land & Sea.
With locations up and down the east coast, including the Capital District of Upstate NY, Brayton Point in Mass, North Charleston Carver Maritime, Port Manatee in Florida, and our latest addition - Carver Canada in New Brunswick.
Our core competencies consist of General & Marine Construction, Sand and Gravel Mining, Property Maintenance, Port, Stevedoring, Terminal & Warehouse Management Maritime & Logistics, and Tug and Barge Marine Towing.
We strive to inspire our diverse, well-rounded work force and management team to always perform at the highest levels of safety and professionalism. We deliver service by maintaining a reputation where our unquestionable VALUES of honesty and integrity drive our actions on and off the job.
What we have to offer you:
- Medical Insurance (great plan choices with reasonable premiums!)
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with up to an 8% MATCH!!
- Group Life Insurance Plan
- Short & Long Term Disability Plans
- Employee Investment Opportunity with Carver Group Ventures
- Career Development Opportunities
- Casual Dress Code
- Voluntary Dental, Vision, Life and AFLAC plans also available!
The Security Officer position at the Port of Coeymans provides communications, desk and roving security patrol duty functions, and access control in maintenance of safety and security.
We are looking to hire for morning, evenings, and overnight shifts running Monday through Sunday.
This is a Part Time position
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain a professional and welcoming atmosphere for visitors and the sites community.
- Make appropriate notification of emergency response agencies (fire, police, ambulance, etc) and facility resources given information received.
- Document patrols performed, unusual events and circumstances, requests for service and prepare reports per procedure.
- Report physical security deficiencies.
- Support thermal screening operations to include safely monitoring vehicular traffic entering the site.
- Assist emergency response personnel to and at the incident scene as directed.
- Conduct security services to include communication and patrol.
- Monitor for safety related alerts.
- Possess and apply specific knowledge of safety and security policies and procedures.
- Maintain daily awareness and knowledge of facility operational issues and special events.
- Work additional hours as may be required of the position.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about Carver Companies-Port Coeymans here.