Port of Coeymans/Carver Companies is accepting applications for a Security Guard (Coeymans, NY)
The Security Officer position at the Port of Coeymans provides communications, desk and roving security patrol duty functions, and access control in maintenance of safety and security.
We are looking to hire for morning, evenings, and overnight shifts running Monday through Sunday.
This is a Part Time position
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain a professional and welcoming atmosphere for visitors and the sites community.
- Make appropriate notification of emergency response agencies (fire, police, ambulance, etc) and facility resources given information received.
- Document patrols performed, unusual events and circumstances, requests for service and prepare reports per procedure.
- Report physical security deficiencies.
- Support thermal screening operations to include safely monitoring vehicular traffic entering the site.
- Assist emergency response personnel to and at the incident scene as directed.
- Conduct security services to include communication and patrol.
- Monitor for safety related alerts.
- Possess and apply specific knowledge of safety and security policies and procedures.
- Maintain daily awareness and knowledge of facility operational issues and special events.
- Work additional hours as may be required of the position.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate an ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Demonstrate an ability to operate computer technology and software specific to security systems, radio system and typical office equipment.
- Possess excellent people skills/customer focus and a commitment to teamwork, an ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments, demonstrate initiative and be adaptable to change.
About the Organization
For over 30 years, Carver Companies fundamental belief has been to provide unparalleled service all while maintaining our values of honesty and integrity both on Land & Sea.
With locations up and down the east coast, including the Capital District of Upstate NY, Brayton Point in Mass, North Charleston Carver Maritime, Port Manatee in Florida, and our latest addition - Carver Canada in New Brunswick.
Our core competencies consist of General & Marine Construction, Sand and Gravel Mining, Property Maintenance, Port, Stevedoring, Terminal & Warehouse Management Maritime & Logistics, and Tug and Barge Marine Towing.
We strive to inspire our diverse, well-rounded work force and management team to always perform at the highest levels of safety and professionalism. We deliver service by maintaining a reputation where our unquestionable VALUES of honesty and integrity drive our actions on and off the job.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.