Mike’s Inc., a union shop, is seeking full-time, experienced welders for their towboat/barge repair facility in East Alton, IL.
• Have minimum 2 years SMAW welding experience
• Be willing to work Evening Shift (2:30pm – 11:00pm), overtime & weekends
• Have a valid driver’s license
• Able to obtain a TWIC card
• Be willing to work outdoors in inclement weather
• Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
Job duties include SMAW/arc/stick welding only (6011, 7018, 7024), use of cutting torch, grinders, pulling chain hoists, swinging sledgehammer, use of hand, electric, & air operated tools, cutting,fitting, welding on boats & barges; changing towboat wheels, rudders, tail shafts, etc. while on drydock.
• Starting wage $14.00 - $16.00 hourly based on skill/experience + 7% Eve shift differential
• Previous shipyard/marine experience preferred.
• In addition, applicants must be safety conscious, willing to work overtime & weekends as needed to complete projects or meet deadlines and possess the ability to work well both with a team or unsupervised.
• Mike’s offers medical, dental, & life ins. plus voluntary long-term disability and extra life coverage to full-time employees
• Paid Holidays Off
• Paid Vacation Time for full-time employees
• 401k Plan plus 4% employer match upon eligibility
• Drug-free workplace
Please fill out application in person at:
Mike's Inc. Shipyard - 1 Canal Road, East Alton, IL 62024
Apply online at www.mikesinc.com (resume file can be attached)