WASHINGTON – U.S. Sen. Roger Wicker, R-Miss., chairman of the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, will convene a hearing titled, “Passenger and Freight Rail: The Current Status of the Rail Network and the Track Ahead,” at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, October 21. The hearing will examine the current state of the passenger and freight rail network, including impacts of COVID-19 and legislative considerations for surface transportation reauthorization.
Witness Panel 1:
- Mr. William Flynn, President and Chief Executive Officer, Amtrak
- Mr. Paul Tuss, Executive Director, Bear Paw Developing Corporation and Member, Montana Economic Developers Association
Witness Panel 2:
- Mr. Frank Chirumbole, Vice President Global Supply Chain, Olin Corporation on behalf of American Chemistry Council
- Mr. Randy Gordon, President and Chief Executive Officer, National Grain and Feed Association
- Mr. Kent Fountain, Chairman, National Cotton Council
- Mr. Ian Jefferies, President and Chief Executive Officer, Association of American Railroads
- Mr. Dennis Pierce, President, Teamsters Rail Conference
*Witness list subject to change
Wednesday, October 21, 2020
Full Committee Hearing
This hearing will take place in the Russell Senate Office Building 253. Witness testimony, opening statements, and a live video of the hearing will be available on www.commerce.senate.gov.