Bowers & Company CPA’s is accepting applications for a Senior Accountant (Syracuse and Watertown, NY).
Due to continued growth in our client base, our Firm is looking for experienced accountants at a Senior and Manager level to service needs in both our audit and tax departments. We offer tremendous growth and development opportunities, flexible work schedules, and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
- Execute the day-to-day activities of audit and review engagements of various clients
- Identify and communicate accounting and auditing matters to senior associates, partners, and clients
- Prepare financial statements and management letters
- Prepare and/or review income tax returns, including corporation, S corporation, individual, partnership, and trust income tax returns
- Client tax planning and research
- Assist with IRS and state tax audits
- Minimum of 2-5 years' experience working at a public accounting firm
- B.S. in Accounting, CPA is preferred
- Candidate must be an effective communicator with the ability to pursue self-development and excel within our team approach
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Prior experience with various assurance applications and research tools beneficial
- Prior experience with paperless workpaper system beneficial
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to successfully multi-task
Bowers & Company CPAs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bowers & Company CPAs, PLLC is a firm of certified public accountants offering a wide range of services in the areas of accounting, auditing, taxation, and consulting. The Firm was originally established in 1977 as a result of a desire to offer the same high-quality services of the national firms, but with a personalized approach more appropriate to small and medium-sized companies. Since its formation, Bowers has experienced strong, steady growth to its present size of 19 partners and a staff of over 80 professionals, representing clients with operations in over thirty-five states and numerous international locations.
The Firm's structure is organized by specialties with separate audit and accounting, tax, and business consulting departments. We have a diverse client base and have specific industry knowledge in Not-for-Profit, Government, Manufacturing, Transportation, Convenience Stores, Real Estate, and Construction.
Please click here to learn more and apply for this position.