Hanson Professional Services is accepting applications for a Senior Airport Technician in Springfield, IL. At the core of our aviation discipline is the desire to be good stewards of the public and private resources while incorporating improvements into the surrounding environment and in our communities. As design professionals, we serve public municipalities and the private sector both across the U.S. and abroad.
Hanson Professional Services Inc. is seeking a candidate to fill a full time Senior Airport Technician position in our Springfield, IL office.
Position requires the ability to serve as a key member of the project design team aiding in overseeing and development of construction plans for aviation-related civil and electrical projects. This position will fall within our Aviation Market. This person is expected to work as an integral member of multidisciplinary design teams to plan and execute projects for a variety of clients including local, state, and federal governments, and private industry. Projects are likely to include conceptual and final site design services for airfield pavements, electrical and navigational aids, and site development for hangars and other airport support structures, including site geometry, grading, utility design, drainage/stormwater management design quantities & development of construction documents, cost estimates, and feasibility studies.
A Day in Life of a Senior Airport Technician at Hanson
As an airport technician there will be a variety of projects to work on including serving small general aviation clients up to large commercial services airports. Interaction with regulatory agencies and districts, and utility providers will be expected.
Here is a snapshot of what you would do in this role:
- Develop and direct development of airfield construction documents utilizing Autodesk software.
- Aide in the training and the development of staff in fundamental civil design concepts.
- Perform design calculations, utilize computer software for analysis and design, and work efficiently with other team members for project completion.
- Collaborate with Senior Technical Staff and Project Managers.
- Other duties as assigned.
What We are Looking For
We feel the following qualifications would set you up for success in this role:
- Proficiency in Autodesk design and drafting software.
- Extensive resume of projects reflecting airport design, including the design of pavements, ancillary roadways, parking facilities, surface and subsurface drainage, and utilities; and site adaptation and new site design for buildings and other airport support structures.
- Practical experience reviewing Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Advisory Circulars, and applying the criteria contained within.
- Proficiency in the review of shop drawings and the response to construction-related submittals and correspondence.
- Ability and desire to periodically observe construction activities and document progress, interface with contractor staff, and resolve field-related conflicts.
- Willingness to learn related, commonly used, industry software for civil sitework, stormwater, transportation, and water/sewer systems design.
- Knowledge of and ability to assess and apply the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and Teams, and other virtual communication software.
- The ability to adeptly interface with clients, construction contractors, vendors, and utility providers to productively resolve field related conflicts that may arise.
- Must be able to collaborate remotely with colleagues in other offices.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member to develop and present concepts.
- Must be able to build effective relationships with internal and external client bases.
- Strong oral communication and technical writing skills.
- Sense of urgency and self-initiative to meet client deadlines.
- Interest in experiencing a variety of assignments is important.
- A record of supervision of subordinate design staff, including mentoring, goalsetting, and performance review.
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in aviation civil design or civil sitework design.
- An Associates degree in Engineering Technology, or a related civil or architectural technical education; or comparable experience, is required.
- Out of town travel may be required at times.
Our focus on people means we offer a generous benefits program to help you create a solid foundation for health and security throughout your career, including:
- Competitive compensation
- Performance bonuses
- 401(k) with matching contribution
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Comprehensive health & well-being plans
- Financial wellness plans
- Work-life balance programs
Want to know more? Visit our benefits page for all the details.
We understand that selecting a job is about more than the day-to-day tasks. It’s important to feel like you belong and safe to grow and progress along your career path. You’ll find that at Hanson. We have an inclusive, diverse workforce awaiting to connect with you and numerous opportunities to cultivate your career, including:
- Monthly educational webinars
- Leadership training
- Lunch & learn development sessions
- 24/7 access to thousands of skill-building courses
- Mentorship opportunities
- Award-winning internship program
- Employee recognition
- And so much more!
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about Hanson Professional Services, Inc. here.