Senior Bridge Engineer (Seattle, WA; Portland, OR)
COWI is accepting applications for a Senior Bridge Engineer in Seattle, WA & Portland, OR. j Application deadline: 01 December 2022 - United States - Location: Seattle, WA/Portland, OR - Infrastructure & Transportation
Senior Bridge Engineer
Do you want to join one of the renowned engineering consulting companies, creating value for customers, people, and societies worldwide? Can you direct projects from the initial concept, through the planning process to implementation? Then join us in designing the future!
JOIN COWI INTERNATIONAL TEAM IN NORTH AMERICA
With over 93 offices worldwide, COWI is a renowned international consulting group. As a member of the North American team, you'll join our skilled experts and support projects across the transportation and energy sectors, including bridge, marine, offshore wind, and tunnels.
Living up to our values is a priority in the way we work. We co-create with customers, partners, and colleagues for better solutions while delivering on our commitment project by project. We are curious and courageous as we pursue new knowledge and insights. Most importantly, we care about our planet, our customers, and our colleagues as we collaborate to shape tomorrow’s societies.
As a member of the North America team, you will work across the transportation and energy sectors and beyond, supporting projects within railways, highways, metros, marine, wind and more.
EXTEND YOUR POTENTIAL IN A GLOBAL TEAM OF EXPERTS
We are looking for a Senior Bridge Engineer to join our global team of experts and work closely with professional engineers. Your primary task in our team will be to provide detailed engineering and project management on numerous bridge design projects.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Lead project teams in structural analysis, design, evaluation, and preparation of calculations and drawings and also supervise, coordinate, and review the work of other structural engineers
- Prepare engineering reports along with standard documents, such as technical specifications, per applicable design codes, and also work plans, schedules, and budgets
- Research and review design options for both technical and financial impact
- Liaise with other professionals, clients, and third parties as needed
- Assist with preparation of proposals and participate in business development activities together with performing other responsibilities
YOUR SKILLS. OUR TEAM. TOGETHER WE DESIGN THE FUTURE
To do well in this position, we believe that you should have the ability to work collaboratively with staff located remotely. You'll pursue new insights and constantly explore new ways to improve while supporting and respecting our clients, your colleagues, and the planet we live on.
Furthermore, you should:
- Hold a Master's degree in Civil or Structural Engineering, with 10 + years of related experience in Bridge Design and Project Management, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Have skilled technical expertise and experience in the design and construction of bridges and working with modern bridge design codes
- Be registered as a Professional Civil Engineer in or, or should have the ability to obtain.
- Be experienced with 3D structural modeling with analysis software such as CSI Bridge, Sofistik, and ADINA
- Conduct site visits during construction and prepare associated observation reports as required
- Have experience with preparing proposals, leading in business development will be an asset
WHY WORK FOR COWI
Being part of the COWI community offers more than just a competitive salary. We take care of our people both professionally and personally.
Some of our benefits include:
Flexible working arrangement | Top-up parental and childbirth recovery leave | Fantastic close-knit team with a wealth of knowledge to share | Full time hires get minimum 3 weeks vacation to start | Floating holiday to celebrate employee diversity | Paid sick leave | Annual fitness subsidy - yes, you can use this for a ski pass, yoga, or gym membership | 401K contribution matching with generous company match | Personal and professional development fund | Parking or public transit allowance | Medical, dental, and vision insurance 80% employer-paid premiums | Employee Assistance Program (EAP) | STD, LTD, AD&D, and Life Insurance | Referral incentive program| Frequent social events
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the APPLY button and tell us why you are the right person for this role. We look forward to receiving your application. The application deadline is stated at the top of the page.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
COWI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, COWI complies with applicable provincial and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Please click on this link for more information.
COWI is a leader within our field because our employees are leaders within theirs. We invite you to learn from the best and expand your potential in a great environment, where we collaborate on shaping tomorrow's societies. Alongside your manager, you outline the path for your development and build your expertise on a day-to-day basis, working on global and local assignments. For more information, please visit www.cowi.com/about
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about COWI here.