Marine Solutions, Inc is accepting applications for a Senior Bridge Inspection Team Leader (Rosedale, MD)
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Career Level: Supervisor
Travel: Up to 50%
Typical duties will include but not be limited to the preparation of the following:
- Project engineering schedules and forecasts.
- Coordination and checking of engineering deliverables.
- Prepares and reviews engineering plans, reports, studies, and related documents.
- Assists with review of development projects for compliance with county ordinances, state and federal statutes and regulations, adopted standards or county policy.
- Inspects or performs evaluations of structures in compliance with established inspection programs and prepares appropriate reports; calculates and verifies pay quantities for contracted services.
- Requests, performs, or directs the testing of materials and interprets results to ensure compliance with project specifications; prepares written reports and recommends alternatives when necessary.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting, and coordinating the technical and management aspects of projects.
- Accountable for the successful completion of engineering projects, including remaining under budget.
- Participate in client/contractor meetings and resolving client/engineering and management project issues.
- Ensure effective engineering and client communications.
- Participates in technical review meetings with engineering and planning staff.
Bachelor of Science Degree (BSCE) in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Professional Engineer (PE) required
- National Highway Institute (NHI) certifications and bridge inspection experience
- Possess knowledge of current literature, trends, and developments in the field of engineering and the ability to keep current with new developments
- Possess knowledge of construction practices (concrete, steel, carpentry, welding, etc.)
- Proficient in technical writing
- Ability to use various structural and asset management software
- Be a self-starter and able to work as independently as possible
- Master of Science degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- 10-Hour OSHA General Construction Course certification
- MDOT, SHA, MDTA, & Navy/USACE experience
- SPRAT Level I Rope Access Technician or higher
- AutoCAD proficiency
- Valid US Passport
- TWIC card
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
Must be able to physically perform the essential job functions including field inspections. The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All applicants must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen as well as random drug screens throughout employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.
To view all Career Opportunities at Marine Solutions, Inc. click here.