COWI is accepting applications for a Senior Bridge Specialist (Oakland, CA).
JOIN COWI INTERNATIONAL TEAM IN NORTH AMERICA
With over 93 offices worldwide, COWI is a leading international consulting group. As a member of the North American team, you'll join our skilled experts and support projects across the transportation and energy sectors, including bridge, marine, offshore wind, and tunnels.
Living up to our values is a priority in the way we work. We co-create with customers, partners, and colleagues for better solutions while delivering on our commitment project by project. We are curious and courageous as we pursue new knowledge and insights. Most importantly, we care about our planet, our customers, and our colleagues as we collaborate to shape tomorrow’s societies.
As a member of the North America team, you will work across the transportation and energy sectors and beyond, supporting projects within railways, highways, metros, marine, wind, oil and gas, and more.
EXTEND YOUR POTENTIAL IN A GLOBAL TEAM OF EXPERTS
We are looking for a Senior Bridge Specialist to join our highly professional team of specialists where you will have the technical and commercial responsibility for assigned projects, including bids and tenders, client liaison, and commercial/contractual control. You will manage and direct a project team and will act as the leader for all elements of your projects, leading and managing the project and the design team, and advising the client and their representatives.
While focusing on our large portfolio of bridge projects throughout North America, you may have opportunities to work with COWI’s marine and tunneling groups, locally and globally.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Lead and mentor a project team of engineers, drafters, and support staff
- Participate in business development, including leading pursuits and proposals for new work
- Complete contract and risk management, including preparation and review of contract documents
- Oversee the development project plans and specifications while implementing design best practices in areas of expertise, ensuring conformance with applicable codes, standards, and client requirements
- Manage accurate forecasting, resource allocation, scheduling, and budgeting for assigned projects
- Achieve successful project delivery, including scope, schedule, budget, and sub-consultant management
YOUR PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS CREATE VALUE
To succeed in this position, we believe that you should have experience in business development and proposal preparation. You'll pursue new insights and constantly explore new ways to improve while caring for and respecting our clients, your colleagues, and the planet we live on.
Furthermore, you should have:
- An Engineering degree with a focus on bridges or structural engineering along with a Professional Engineer in California or the ability to obtain
- At least 12 years of experience in bridge design with at least 5 years of experience managing bridge projects
- Strong technical background in seismic design and familiarity with Caltrans standards and procedures
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary teams on bridge projects and preferably experience with various types of project delivery methods
- Experience and established relationships with local clients within government organizations, local municipalities, partner AE firms in the Bay Area and California.
COWI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, COWI complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Please click on this link for more information. To view a copy of the executed “Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement”, please click here
Please click here to learn more and apply for this position.