COWI is accepting applications for a Senior Business Development & Marketing Coordinator (Seattle, WA).
Do you have a minimum of five years' experience in business development and marketing in the A/E/C industry, preferably working for civil engineering firms in Washington and nearby regions, with a proven track record in cultivating client relationships, establishing teaming prospects with contractors and other consulting firms, and developing effective growth and sales business strategies? Are you interested in joining one of the leading consulting companies, creating value for customers, people, and societies worldwide? If yes, then join us in designing the future!
JOIN COWI'S TEAM IN NORTH AMERICA
With over 93 offices worldwide, COWI is a leading international consulting group. As a member of the North American team, you'll join our skilled experts and support projects across the transportation and energy sectors, including marine, bridge, tunnels, and offshore wind
Living up to our values is a priority in the way we work. We co-create with customers, partners, and colleagues for better solutions while delivering on our commitment project by project. We are curious and courageous as we pursue new knowledge and insights. Most importantly, we care about our planet with a company-wide focus on sustainability, our customers, and our colleagues as we collaborate to shape tomorrow’s societies.
DESIGN THE FUTURE WITH A GLOBAL TEAM OF EXPERTS
Based out of the Seattle office, one of COWI North America West Region's four offices (the others being Oakland, CA, Portland, OR, and Houston, TX), as a Senior Business Development and Marketing Coordinator, your primary responsibility will be to support the office's business development and marketing efforts by working closely with their technical leadership and teams. You will also assist with marketing efforts—developing proposals, interview presentations, brochures, award submissions, and other marketing collateral—for the other offices. While reporting to the West Region's Business Development and Marketing Associate Director, you will contribute to and benefit from collaboration across COWI North America's Business Development and Marketing Department; the other regions being East (New York) and North (Vancouver, Canada).
Business Development - You will be responsible for helping the Seattle office grow its business by finding new opportunities; researching leads; establishing relationships with both clients and teaming partners; mapping contact history for approach fine-tuning; and supporting the technical leadership and team members in their Business Development needs. Other responsibilities include:
- Research prospective accounts in targeted markets, pursue leads, and follow through to solicitation issuance stage
- Understand the industry including clients (public agencies such as WSDOT, SDOT, among others), transportation contractors (for design-build pursuits), consulting firms (other engineering companies and service providers in other disciplines), and opportunities and projects related to marine and bridge in WA and nearby regions
- Coordinate and support BD efforts in targeting key client accounts, including maintaining accounts and helping to develop client and teaming partner plans
- Follow the latest industry developments and stay up-to-date on competitors
Marketing - Your primary task will be to assist in the development of winning proposals, and other marketing collateral. You will also help with developing internal communications and external visibility efforts. On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Monitor opportunities, facilitate go/no-go process and lead capture planning
- Work with the technical leadership and pursuit champions to develop differentiators, value propositions, and key messaging.
- Manage the proposal process lifecycle including responding to, proofing, and editing RFPs, RFQs, EOIs, award submittals, roster applications, prequalifications, etc. – from kick-off to completion
- Coordinate and/or develop non-technical writing for proposal contents (i.e. resumes, project descriptions, company profiles, additional boilerplate information) including interviewing senior engineers for specific content
- Create and update various marketing and communications materials (i.e. marketing messages, potential staff Social posts and sharing using Sociuu (Employment advocacy software), resumes, project descriptions, brochures/credentials packages, presentations, etc.)
- Develop and deliver any required internal communications initiatives, and liaise with the International Communications team as required
YOUR SKILLS. OUR TEAM. TOGETHER, WE DESIGN THE FUTURE
To succeed in this position, you should have strong multi-tasking and time management skills combined with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. You'll pursue new insights and constantly explore new ways to improve while caring for and respecting our clients, your colleagues, and the planet we live on.
Furthermore, you should:
- Hold a bachelor's degree in Journalism, English, Marketing, Communications, Business, or related field with a minimum of five years of relevant experience working in a professional services firm
- Be proficient with relevant software programs such as Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite (including, but not limited, to Adobe InDesign)
- Have a strong eye for design and/or familiarity with graphic design
- Have an enthusiastic attitude and a strong work ethic
- Have a proactive team player mindset and flexibility to take on assignments and responsibilities
- Be able to work with staff locally and/or remotely, with a willingness to travel
COWI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, COWI complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Please click on this link for more information. To view a copy of the executed “Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement”, please click here
Please click here to learn more and apply for this position.