Kiewit is accepting applications for a Senior Business Manager in Orlando, FL.
As a Senior Business Manager, you will support the administration of business aspects of an assigned project, including troubleshooting project conditions, accounting data entry, performing financial projections, providing support to human resources as well as handling payroll, procurement, taxes, contract administration, and company or outside equipment rent for the project.
At Kiewit, the scale of our operations is huge. Our construction and engineering projects span across the United States, Canada and Mexico, improving and connecting communities with every initiative. We depend on our high-performing operations support professionals — they’re the glue that holds multiple areas of the business together and the catalysts that make things happen. We hire only the most driven people and we offer them diverse career opportunities, strong leadership and mentorship, rewarding, collaborative work, and responsibility they won’t find just anywhere. We’re always pushing new limits. You can too.
Kiewit's Southeast District is one of Kiewit's leading infrastructure districts specializing in heavy civil, transportation, and water resource markets. Projects you could be working on could include building bridges, airports, mass transit systems, canals, dams, pump stations or tunnels. Although most of our work is regionally based in the southeast region of the United States, we also pursue various projects stretching across the east coast. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about infrastructure and committed to the construction industry as opposed to design.
Multiple locations: Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Virginia, and Maryland. Must be willing to travel.
- High level of involvement in cost control system.
• Analyze construction costs including production of cost reports and labor reports as required.
• Help drive compliance programs including: employment compliance, environmental regulations, transportation regulations and accounting policies.
• Maintain compliance with federal and state sales/use taxes, payroll and property taxes.
• Administer contracts including documentation to support subcontracts, material contracts and owner progress estimates.
• Involvement in the project office setup.
• Provide ongoing training, development and coaching of direct and indirect reports to support retention and engagement.
• Participate in the onboarding and integration of newly hired employees.
• Develop and maintain team cohesion among district, internal joint venture and external joint venture partner employees.
- Ability to travel and relocate throughout the United States and Internationally (around 50-75%)
• Degree in business administration, accounting, or equivalent degree/work experience
• 10+ years’ experience developing business opportunities in the EPC market
• Ability to operate a standard personal computer as well as standard office computer software including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
• Regular, reliable attendance
• Work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment.
• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
• May work at various different locations and conditions may vary.
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about Kiewit here.