Ingram Barge is looking for a Senior Corporate Counsel (Nashville, TN)
This position is located in our Nashville headquarters and will report to the Assistant Vice President – Legal & Claims. In this role, you will be responsible for providing critical legal services and guidance to all areas of the Company in transactions, litigation, and any other matter that has a legal tie-in. The successful candidate will be an outgoing, organized and process-oriented person who enjoys the opportunity to collaborate with others on creative solutions to difficult and unique problems.
We’re looking for someone to be a key contributor to the success of our Legal team. If you’re an independent thinker who isn’t afraid to ask questions, and if you’re someone that never overlooks the details but is able to keep the big picture in perspective, please keep reading.
Ingram Barge Company is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Legal team as Senior Corporate Counsel.
What you will be doing:
- Assist the Chief Legal Officer and AVP – Legal and Claims with regulatory, environmental, claims, and litigation matters, as well as incident and casualty response efforts Manage outside counsel in various litigation matters to ensure Company standards and
- expectations are met; attend depositions, hearings, and trials; and, otherwise assist in the formulation of commercial litigation strategy
- Advise the Claims Department on various legal issues including settlement terms, litigation strategy, and any other areas as directed by the Assistant General Counsel
- Provide concise legal guidance to internal commercial and management clients on legal issues arising anywhere within the Company
- Interact with Sales, Logistics, Operations, Procurement, and External Services Departments while drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a wide-range of contracts, including: transportation agreements, charters, operating agreements, marine services agreements, and hold
- harmless agreements
- Coordinate with Vessel Documentation Coordinator and other departments, as needed, to ensure that the Company’s personal and real property is correctly permitted
- Assist Human Resources when needed on various employment-law-related matters
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school required
- A license to practice law in at least one U.S. state currently in good standing and the ability to secure an in-house license or full license by comity in Tennessee is also required.
- 6+ years of legal experience required—either in house or at a law firm
- Experience with maritime or transportation issues preferred
- Substantive experience in business litigation related to contractual disputes or experience in drafting agreements is also preferred
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a higher volume work environment, and to maintain composure and make sound decisions in emergency situations
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- The ability to embrace and act upon constructive feedback
Ingram operates 5,000 barges with a fleet of over 80 linehaul vessels and approximately 150 tug/tow boats. The company operates on the Mississippi River, Ohio River, Cumberland River, Tennessee River, Gulf Intracoastal Waterway, Kanawha River, Illinois River, and the Monongahela River.
Ingram's fleet is maintained at the highest level of standards and equipment with state-of-the-art navigation & communication technology.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.