Senior Estimator (La Crosse, WI)
J.F. Brennan Company is accepting applications for a Senior Estimator in La Crosse, WI.
Are you an experienced Estimator who can lead and train a team of estimators through projects?
We are looking for a Senior Estimator who can perform estimate take offs and prepare construction budget for negotiated and hard bid projects, set forth project specifications, bills of materials, man-hour projections, craft sequence, and quality and method standards to ensure timely and efficient completion of projects.
If you have a proven background in heavy civil or marine construction and want to be apart and help lead a team all while building and maintaining Brennan’s book of business, then we think you’d be an excellent fit for our team.
Senior Estimator Responsibilities:
- Calculate various statistical data - quantity take-offs, material price lists, labor costs per hour, equipment, etc.
- Research historical data (purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc.) and compile summary reports to develop guidelines and precedence for future estimates.
- Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Communicate all business, technical and project aspects to sub-contractors, i.e. “terms & conditions.”
- Delivery of high-quality estimates that are accurate, complete, well-organized and on time.
- Proactively manage workload and consistently follow up on information.
- Build relationships with team members that go beyond the project.
- Effectively lead a team of estimators on large project estimates.
- Train and mentor estimators.
- Lead estimating meetings.
- Oversee and review estimates prepared by other estimators.
- Assist in contract negotiations.
- Prepare project budgets for set up in accounting.
- Perform buy out of subcontractors and suppliers
- Other duties as assigned.
Senior Estimator Qualifications:
- Required B.S. in civil engineering, construction management or related field or equivalent combinations of technical training and related experience.
- Minimum of 5 of working experience within heavy civil, railroads, bridges, or marine construction fields
- Advanced knowledge of construction equipment, estimating techniques, construction schedules, budgets, cost control and material pricing required.
- Ability to calculate mathematical extensions, read and understand engineering drawings, purchase orders, contracts and cost coding systems is essential.
- Advanced understanding of construction means, methods, equipment, engineering plans/drawings, contracts and labor practices.
- Experience with HCSS-Heavy Bid preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, problem solving skills and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Who is Brennan?
J.F. Brennan Company, Inc. (Brennan) is a 100-year-old, family-owned company that specializes in water-based environmental remediation and marine construction headquartered in La Crosse, WI that offers our employees growth, challenging work, empowerment, and meaningful work. Brennan is known for tackling complex maritime projects, providing unique solutions through teamwork and collaboration, and maintaining a family-orientated culture.
Why choose us?
- We are a company voted by our employees as a certified Great Place to Work®, for the fifth year in a row.
- Our culture sets us apart. We strive to make our company the best possible place to work. We work hard to continue to build a culture in which every individual is important and the key to our success.
- Our focus on safety and quality is unmatched in the industry, and our ability to innovate has enabled us to succeed.
- We are a family-focused company and are determined to provide a rewarding career that offers above-average compensation.
- We offer an industry-leading benefits package. We are proud to offer our employees and their families group health, dental and vision insurance plans, 401(K) program with generous matching, annual bonus eligibility and profit-sharing program.
- We also provide a Work-Life Balance Program, which provides a balanced schedule and additional premium while in the field.
J.F. Brennan Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about J.F. Brennan here.