Arcosa Marine is searching for a Senior Fitter in our Caruthersville, MO barge manufacturing plant. As a Fitter, you’ll lay out, position, align, and fit together fabricated parts of metal according to layouts, work orders, blueprints, schematics, and sketches in preparation for welding. You will also inspect tack-welds completed by the assigned welder, or in some cases their own tack welding work, for conformance to specifications.
Arcosa Marine is a leading U.S. manufacturer of barges that transport dry and liquid cargoes on inland waterways. Arcosa Marine manufactures tank barges that carry petroleum and other refined products, chemicals, fertilizer, ethanol, and other liquid cargoes. Arcosa Marine also manufactures dry cargo barges, including flat-deck and hopper barges that transport a variety of products, such as grain, coal, and aggregates.
What you’ll do:
- Read blueprints or other specifications
- Aligns parts using jack, turnbuckles, overhead cranes, pins, wedges and hammer
- Measure to specifications
- Identify parts for assembly in proper order
- Cut and wash with torch (Oxy-Fuel)
- Tack weld pieces together
- Removes high spots using grinders
- Inspect and ensure that completed work conforms to specifications by the company and government standards (e.g. Coast Guard standards)
- May perform repairs for testing if required
- May serve as a problem-solving resource to others
- Complete all required records