Senior Geotechnical Engineer (St. Louis, MO)
Shannon & Wilson is accepting applications for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer in St. Louis, MO.
- Perform geologic evaluations in support of geology, earthquake hazard, engineering geology, and geotechnical engineering studies.
- Lead, mentor, oversee and/or supervise engineers and other employees.
- Review technical and other reports and calculations done by junior employees.
- Support business development and marketing activities, including preparation of cost proposals and presentations to existing and prospective clients.
- Design, plan, and perform field exploration, testing, and instrumentation programs.
- Perform geologic reconnaissance and mapping.
- Perform observation and testing during construction.
- Perform soil and rock slope stability analyses.
- Interpret soil samples geologically and construct geologic profiles
- Assist with proposal and report preparation.
- Interact and communicate with subcontractors, clients, and staff at all levels.
- Follow Shannon & Wilsons Quality Assurance policy.
- Follow and promote Shannon & Wilsons Health & Safety and Loss Prevention policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- MS or PhD Degree in Geotechnical Engineering or Geological Engineering, supported by a BS Degree in Engineering or Geology.
- PE License required in the state of Missouri.
- 14+ years of experience performing geologic field explorations and studies.
- Mentoring and supervisory experience.
- Experience with field reconnaissance mapping for civil projects, including landslides.
- Geologic interpretation and analysis using soil and rock samples retrieved from explorations.
- Subsurface exploration techniques including hollow-stem auger drilling, mud rotary drilling, rock coring, and test pit/trench logging.
- Organizing, contracting with, and directing subcontractors a plus.
- Construction observation and construction material testing of earthwork a plus.
- Pile/shaft foundation construction and retaining wall structure construction observation a plus.
- Basic computer skills: MS Word and Excel required; ESRI ArcGIS, desirable.
Typically, depending on an applicants education, experience, other qualifications they possess, if they are a fit for the company and local office culture, and the current business needs, a Senior-Level Engineering Geologist typically would be placed at a Shannon & Wilson Associate or Senior Associate level.
Shannon & Wilson offers a competitive benefits package to support our employees. These benefits include:
- Employee ownership
- Comprehensive medical, prescription, vision, and dental coverage.
- Pre-tax health and daycare FSA
- Life and disability insurance
- Long-term care insurance
- Profit sharing and 401(k) plans
- Paid time off for vacation and sick leave
- 10 paid holidays
- Paid volunteer day
- Free parking
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about Shannon & Wilson here.