HDR, Inc. is accepting applications for a Senior Ports Engineer (Mobile, AL; Doral, Fort Lauderdale, Jacksonville, Pensacola, Tampa, and West Palm Beach, FL; Pooler, GA; New York City, NY; Charleston, SC; Corpus Christi, TX)
HDR is looking for a Senior Ports Project Engineer to join our Ports and Maritime Practice. This role may be based out of any of the following office locations: This role may be based out of any of the following Florida office locations: Jacksonville, Fort Lauderdale, Doral, Tampa, Pensacola or West Palm Beach. We will also consider: Mobile (AL), New York (NY), Savannah (GA), Charleston (SC), and Corpus Christi (TX). In this role, you will be assume, as an employee owner, a role of leadership within our maritime practice, and will be uniquely positioned for opportunities of continued personal and professional growth. We'll count on you to participate with teams to design small to large projects (construction values typically from $500K to $100M) with a primary focus being on geotechnical, structural, coastal, and general civil design elements of projects. Primary responsibility will involve performing design services on projects ranging from limited complexity and scope to those including complex features. Efforts are expected to be performed autonomously through collaboration with senior level engineers and management. On a day-to-day basis, we’ll expect you to:
- Serve as a recognized technical authority in maritime structural and coastal engineering and port planning to resolve problems of greater scope and complexity
- Perform design tasks to clearly illustrate constructible/practical plans and details and develop associated technical specifications
- Plan, perform, and oversee project design related activities as the engineer of record for disciplines within area(s) of expertise
- Plan, organize, and supervise work of professional and technical staff
- Performing project management and task management duties on various projects, though project management is not the primary focus of position
- Participate in developing and implementing best management technical practices
- Provide construction field observations to verify general conformance with contract documents
- Produce documents (studies/reports, calculations, designs, details, sketches, opinions of costs and schedule)
- Assist Project Managers during project execution (internal delegation, accountability, and quality control)
- Perform peer reviews of other design work
- Actively participate in technical organizations relative to the industry and/or assist in the publication of technical articles (highly encouraged)
- Bachelor's degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years’ structural engineering experience as it relates to port related facility design
- PE license required
- Microsoft Office experience required
- Experience with AutoCAD; and RISA 3D, SAP 2000, LARSA or similar structural modeling design software required
- ENSOFT suite of pile design, lateral soil-structure interaction classical (CWALSHT), finite element (DeepEX) design, and/or similar analytical software required
- Must have experience in developing design calculations and layouts
- Must have experience in developing basis of design documentation to include establishing design criteria, defining loading criteria and cases, and defining key assumptions
- Must have experience developing scopes of services and associated delivery schedules and fees
- Must have the ability to design and detail in steel, concrete, masonry and wood
- Previous experience with an architectural/engineering or engineering consulting firm required
- Must have strong communication skills and established experience in technical writing
- A strong commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
- Master's degree in Structural Engineering
- Local candidates are preferred
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
At HDR, we are committed to the principles of employment equity. We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information and to apply click here.