Garver is accepting applications for a Senior Process/Process Mechanical Engineer - Water (College Station, TX)
Garver is seeking Senior Process/Process Mechanical Engineers to join our Water Design Center team in College Station, Texas. As part of a multi-discipline team, this Senior Engineer will be responsible for process design and management in support of Water Services Group projects company-wide. Diversity in high-volume, custom plant projects will allow this senior engineer the opportunity to be hands-on with design, directly involved with clients, provide mentorship to team members and actively participate in marketing initiatives.
Generally, the responsibilities of this role will entail taking projects from conceptual planning to bid ready documents, including facility and equipment layouts, design calculations, process modeling, equipment vendor coordination, management and coordination of support discipline activities, coordination with regional offices and regulatory agencies, as well as quality assurance and control.
The Senior Process/Process Mechanical Engineer will also serve as a Design Phase Manager leading project teams, coordinating schedules, monitoring budgets, and ensuring delivery of quality work products that adhere to Garver standardization. As a senior engineer, this position will also be included frequent client meetings and industry conferences to serve as a subject matter expert on behalf of Garver and the Water Business Line.
This position will be responsible for performing a wide array of design tasks related to water and wastewater facilities, such as:
- Lead the design of water and wastewater treatment processes
- Lead the development of design criteria from analysis of water and wastewater process modeling data
- Support of water and wastewater process evaluation, selection, and implementation
- Hydraulic analysis of water and wastewater treatment plants
- Pump selection and pump station design
- Chemical storage and feed system design
- Blower sizing and blower system design
- Mechanical equipment selection
- Piping and instrumentation drawing production
- Specification and Contract document preparation
- Support of construction projects
- Oversee the development of construction drawings, and 3D models
About Garver's Water Design Center
The Water Design Center (WDC) is a knowledge-based hub that excels in highly technical, multi-discipline water and wastewater designs. The WDC specializes in large, high-volume, custom plant projects with advanced technologies. Centralizing the location of the WDC means communication, coordination, and participation with team members is constant. This integral working relationship benefits the client through project delivery schedule and design quality, as well as the engineer’s opportunity for team collaboration and professional growth.
Grow With Us
Garver offers its employees programs such as company-paid professional memberships, company support for industry licenses and continuing education opportunities that foster a progressive atmosphere. Garver provides the tools, resources, and environment to develop leaders, stimulate ideas, and accomplish projects. By offering highly competitive salary packages, attractive benefits, a comprehensive wellness program and Corporate Wellness Coordinator Garver walks the talk when it comes to work-life balance.
The successful candidate for this role with Garver will possess the following minimum requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil, environmental, chemical or mechanical engineering from an ABET accredited program
- 10 or more years of similar experience with no less than 6 years of direct design experience
- Previous experience as engineer in responsible charge of process design, including detailed plans and specifications, for water and wastewater treatment plant improvements projects
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE)
- Strong communication skills as required to manage project designs and project teams
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook.
- Master’s degree in Environmental, Civil, Agricultural, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline.
- Experience with biological modeling softwares such as BioWin, GPS-X, and Sumo.
- Previous experience with plumbing, fire protection, life safety, and building mechanical systems typical to water and wastewater facilities designed for occupation.
- Active participation in local professional organizations.
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multi-disciplined engineering, planning, architectural, and environmental services firm with more than 800 employees across the United States. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, construction, facilities design, federal, survey, transportation, and water, Garver sits in the top 125 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based upon an individual's capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.
For more information and to apply click here.