Bottom Line Company is accepting applications for a Senior Project Manager in Lee’s Summit, MO. The Senior Project Manager (Sr. PM) reports to the Manager of Estimating & Project Controls (or other designated “manager”). As a member of the management team, the Sr PM is responsible for directing the efficient execution of projects, through ensuring proper planning, resource utilization, performance monitoring, recording of events and document control.
- Participate in the bid process – review contract documents and assist estimators in determining means and methods for performing work, to help ensure all costs are captured.
- Review and approve subcontractor and vendor quotes to confirm compliance with project requirements.
- Create budgets and assign cost codes for awarded projects.
- Together with project managers (PMs) and/or field supervisors, develop project execution plans and monitor activities to ensure plans are executed.
- Create baseline project schedules and periodic updates with percent complete information.
- Produce job cost reports, including job-to-date information and cost-to-complete forecasting, and review with PMs and/or field supervisors.
- Create and execute recovery plans, on major activities, when job cost forecasting indicates potential overruns.
- Prepare projects key performance indicators(KPIs) summary and submit to management.
- Lead project weekly status meetings with PMs and/or field supervisors – focusing on
- progress to date, variance from budgets, and where applicable, recovery plans.
- Ensure timely identification and notification of potential cost impacts (CIs) and work with estimators and PMs/field supervisors to prepare change order quotes.
- Produce and submit work-in-progress (WIP) file to finance department.
- Ensure all purchase orders, receipts, invoices, and bills are submitted to accounts payable.
- Complete other duties as required by senior management.
- Work with environmental, safety and health (EH&S) team and project teams to ensure company policies are strictly adhered to. Seek opportunities for continuous improvement / best practices.
- Liaison to client teams as needed.
- Attend pre-bid meeting as needed.
- Visit project sites to review progress and undertake management audits as required.
- Ensure PMs and/or field supervisors are approving and properly submitting daily time, quantity and progress reports.
- Generate required project submittals.
- Assist PMs and/or field supervisors with setting measurable daily goals and monitor the completion of related activities.
Required qualifications and skills
- Degree in engineering or construction management.
- Professional engineer (PE) or engineer-in-training (EIT) registration desirable.
- Previous experience within the Railroad sector advantageous.
- Strong communication skills; able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Self-starter with the ability to adapt to changing situations; committed and with high integrity.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and to influence the actions of others.
- Proficient in the use of standard business IT applications, such as MS Office.
- Ability to travel throughout the USA as required. Role will require up to 30% travel.
- Able to pass required background checks for industry. Clean driving license.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about Bottom Line Company here.