Cummins Sales & Service is accepting applications for a Senior Quality Engineer (Seymour, IN and Rocky Mount, NC)
We are looking for a talented Senior Quality Engineer to join our team specializing in Cummins Power Systems in Seymour, IN and Rocky Mount, NC.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
- Applies the principles of product quality planning, evaluation, and control in support of the manufacturing and installation operations of the organization. Responsible for applicable systems related to plant customer issues such as corrective action requests, supplier corrective action requests, nonconforming material reports, etc.
- Leads containment activities. Facilitates continuous improvement quality activities to reduce the potential for defects and ensures continual improvement in process and product design.
- Ensures products and process development meet quality standards. Identifies problems, prioritizes actions, leads or participates in Six Sigma projects.
- Participates in change management activities by verifying products and processes, developing key measures, analyzing data for decision support, and presenting results to plant leadership.
- Leads audits of processes and quality systems. Works with purchasing to improve the quality of purchased parts.
- Serves as a quality technical resource to other functional areas. May coach and mentor less experienced quality engineers.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- University, or equivalent degree is required.
Intermediate level of relevant work experience (3 plus years) required.
- Execute VPI M review Quality responsibilities for new product introduction (PFMEA, Control Plan, MQV, C of C). Interact with product engineering teams to ensure designs meet basic manufacturing / quality principles (participate in DFA & FIRG reviews)
- Generate Quality strategy for new products within SEP facility (equipment statistical validations, assembly measurement processes, equipment calibration plans)
- Lead team to define new product gauging requirements, including data collection & retention strategy / systems. Acquire gauging for New product launch, including documentation & training
- Participate in defining failsafe strategy, including input to engineering during reviews to "design in" robust, failsafe engine designs. General awareness of PLC controls, DC torque controller capability, engine components and functionality
- Demonstrate creativity in solutions and ability to facilitate cross functional teams in driving toward a solution in a timely manner. Basic knowledge of Torque processes & associated fail-safing. Core skills/tools are: 7-step problem solving, GD&T, Six Sigma, Minitab (statistical analysis), SPC, FMEA
Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems. We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
Cummins has a strong marine heritage dating back to the company’s start in 1919. More than 90 years later, Cummins continues its legacy of providing reliable, durable diesels to the marine market with a broad range of power for commercial applications.
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation,
For more information and to apply for this position click here.