Jacobs Engineering is accepting applications for a Senior Structural Engineer – Building Design (St. Louis, MO)
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we’re not just building structures, we’re helping our clients innovate and grow by designing, engineering, and executing the construction of state-of-the-art facilities that are changing our world. We push the limits of what’s possible to make the world smarter, more connected, and more sustainable.
Become part of our St. Louis, MO team as a Senior Structural Engineer who is excited about enabling the heart of our clients’ business and executing designs ranging from new, multi-building complexes to full-scale renovations of historic structures. You’ll lead project teams through the design process and interact directly with clients, owners, and contractors. You’ll be accountable for schedule, scope, budget, and technical quality of engineering tasks and construction documents.
This position is an opportunity to be a part of a growing team focused primarily on Federal delivery yet expanding into private sector client space. Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow, and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Master’s Degree in Structural Engineering or Civil Engineering with a Structural emphasis
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) license
- At least 15 years relevant professional experience for buildings-related design projects
- Federal including DoD, Federal Civilian and/or Defense Contractor project experience
- Experience working in a multi-discipline environment
- Construction support services for building projects
- Experience with BIM 360 and Revit
- Proficiency in structural finite element analysis software (e.g., ETABS, RISA, RAM)
- Knowledge of building codes & standards (International Building Code, ASCE 7, UFC’s etc.)
- Proactive attitude of taking independent initiative, exhibiting creative problem-solving, eagerness to learn, while remaining dedicated to teamwork
- Experience leading project teams and mentoring junior staff
- United States Citizenship
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
- Structural Engineer (S.E.) license
- Interest in utilizing graphical programming and scripting (e.g. Dynamo, Python, etc.)
- Experience with Nonlinear Structural Analysis
- Experience with Navisworks and Bluebeam
- United States Security Clearance, or the ability to obtain
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.