Hanson Professional Services, Inc. is accepting applications for a Senior Transportation Planner (Bonifay, Jacksonville, Miami, and Tallahassee, FL)
The candidate is expected to apply creative problem-solving skills to assist Florida Infrastructure Group on high profile, technically challenging, traffic and planning studies. This is your opportunity to work on a wide variety of technically challenging projects and be an integral team member as we grow our project portfolio in the state of Florida.
This Traffic / Transportation Planner position is primarily responsible for delivering transportation planning and traffic engineering analysis, PD&E and NEPA studies for FDOT and local government agencies and assisting in business development activities. This position will work out of the Hanson office in Orlando, Florida. Alternate Hanson office locations for this position are also in Jacksonville, Bonifay, Tallahassee and Miami Florida.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Traffic development using existing data and forecasted travel demand volumes.
- Perform operational analysis for all roadway elements
- Concept development using modeling data, geometric design, and safety engineering
- Deliver traffic engineering and transportation planning studies on time and within budget
- Continued technical advancement of Hanson’s transportation and engineering practice
- Compose proposals for transportation planning and traffic engineering projects
- Other duties as assigned.
- Familiar with all operational analysis tools and software. In particular, Highway Capacity Software, Synchro and Vissim.
- Designing intersections and interchanges using the latest version of MicroStation
- Communicating complex technical concepts to planners/engineers, clients, and public stakeholders
- Building effective relationships with internal and external client bases
- Working independently and as a team member to problem solve and learn new technical skills
- A bachelor’s degree in transportation planning or civil engineering is required
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in transportation planning or traffic engineering.
- Florida AICP or Professional Engineer (P.E.) license required.
Working at Hanson:
- Collaborate remotely with colleagues in other offices
- Candidate must be willing to accept out-of-town travel assignments
- Must be willing to work overtime to meet project demands when needed
As employers/governmental contractors, we comply with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities where they apply. To assist us in meeting our affirmative action goals, employees are encouraged to refer minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY — AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER EEO / MINORITY / FEMALE / INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES / VETERANS
Hanson specializes in engineering, planning and a range of allied services. We’re an employee-owned, award-winning consulting firm with offices across the United States.
Since 1954, our clients have known us as a trusted partner, committed to their success and capable of handling challenging projects. From planning and design to construction and completion, we’ll take a hands-on approach to your project with a clear focus on your goals, budget and timeline.
For more information and to apply click here.