We are excited to share once again TranSystems has been recognized as a top 100 design firm by Engineering News-Record in 2022. For more than 50 years, TranSystems has committed to a mission of performing engineering and architectural planning, design, and construction solution services in a manner that is both safe and in compliance with all applicable regulatory and client requirements. At TranSystems, we have established and continue to nurture a culture that is committed to providing quality services for our clients. We’re looking for top talent to grow with our firm.
What you'll be challenged to do:TranSystems is currently seeking a Senior Waterfront Structural Engineer with 10 to 15+ years of marine and coastal experience to support the waterfront engineering practice in any one of our 40+ offices nationwide. The ideal candidate for this position is a seasoned Structural Engineer with previous experience in the inspection, assessment, and design of waterfront structures and marine infrastructure projects. The successful candidate will join an established team of talented Structural Engineers to support design projects in the container shipping, bulk material, and defense industries. This position requires a consulting professional with a strong “doer-seller” aptitude with the motivation and desire to foster technical excellence and strong client relationships. We expect this Senior Project Manager to be an enthusiastic, outgoing person willing to embrace external networking and marketing activities to help us nationally grow our practice. This role will be located in the Southeast region (NC, SC, GA, FL preferred).
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing a project team, delegating to office and field staff, and executing day-to-day project activities
- Conducting both internal and client communications
- Monitoring team performance for compliance with contractual agreements and budgets
- Conducting/reviewing technical reports, analyses/calculations, plan drawings, specifications, and cost estimates
- Develop and lead coastal and waterfront business development initiatives
- Preparing Statement of Qualifications, Proposals with Principal guidance and review
- Managing and mentoring existing TranSystems project-level engineers
- Coordinating and leading meetings with clients, regulatory/funding agencies, and community leaders to move projects from concept to implementation
- Develop reinforced concrete and structural steel designs for medium and large-scale maritime projects
- Participate in the development of detailed construction documents for waterfront engineering projects including piers, wharves, and bulkheads
- Conduct structural inspections and develop rehabilitation plans for waterfront structures
- Provide engineering support during the construction phase of ongoing projects
- Effectively communicate complex technical concepts both verbally and in writing
- Develop deliverables and work products with a strong focus on quality
- Maintain a team-oriented attitude and participate in the development of junior engineers
What you bring to our firm:
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering with Structural emphasis required.
- 10 years of related experience in the assessment, analysis, and design of waterfront structures
- Registered Professional Engineer with ability to obtain additional licenses within 6 months
- Desire to lead and grow the company’s coastal engineering practice
- Desire to manage and mentor staff and review and evaluate their work while fostering staff growth and development
- Possession of or eligibility to obtain a Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC)
- Ability to collaborate in multi-office, team environment
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical skills and judgment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with clients, design team members, contractors, and construction managers
What we’d prefer for you to bring to our firm:
- Master of Science in Civil Engineering with Structural emphasis preferred
- 15 years of related experience in the assessment, analysis, and design of waterfront structures
- Majority of work is office based. Site visits will necessitate navigating unpaved or natural terrain while carrying equipment.
TranSystems is proud to be an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer and ensures nondiscrimination and equal employment opportunity in all programs and activities in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status, disability, protected Veteran status or any other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law).
As the employer of choice, we are committed to action and strive for a company that reflects the vast diversity of our country and the communities we serve. TranSystems is committed to embracing diversity in all forms, including race, culture, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, thought and religious background. We acknowledge the impacts of prejudice and discrimination on historically underserved communities. We commit to establishing a more diverse, inclusive and positive work environment that drives innovation.
Recruiters or staffing agencies: TranSystems is not obligated to compensate any external recruiter or search firm who presents a candidate, their resume, or profile to a TranSystems employee without 1) a current, fully-executed agreement on file and 2) being assigned to the open position (as a search) via our applicant tracking solution.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about TranSystems here.