Alta Equipment Company is accepting applications for a Service Administrator (Albany, NY; Gary, IN)
Come work for one of the largest equipment dealerships in North America! Are you a hardworking individual that thrives in a fast-paced environment and looking to take your career to the next level? If so, then come join our award winning team!
We provide our employees with the following tools and resources to be successful:
- Outstanding benefits package (Medical, Dental and Vision, plus much more!)
- 401(k) with match
- Competitive wages
- Company laptop
- Company cell phone
- 10 paid holidays
- Work schedule: M-F, day shift
Our Construction Equipment Group is seeking a full-time service administrator. This position will ensure the work order process is being managed and completed in an efficient and accurate manner. The goals are to assist the service manager throughout the workday and take care of our customer and technician needs. The primary responsibilities of the position consist of, but are not limited to:
- Provide open work orders to the service manager.
- Obtain purchase order (PO) number from the customer if the customer's protocol is to give out PO's.
- Input technician job repair write ups located on the internal calendar system. This will be done daily on all jobs that are completed and in process.
- Prepare all work orders ready to close for the service manager to review once the job is completed.
- Have all work orders closed 2 days after the job is completed.
- Responsible for all time entries and payroll for the shop and field technicians. All payroll must be approved by the service manager prior to submission.
- Periodically will call customer to provide updates or obtain additional information from them.
- Follow up with other inter-company departments on open issues.
- Incorporate Alta's Guiding Principles into daily activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Consistent, regular, and reliable attendance including being ready for work at the designated start time.
- Previous billing and customer service experience is highly preferred.
- Must have strong computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Previous ERP experience is a plus.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of coworkers, as well as customers.
- Language Skills - Intermediate: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills - Basic: Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Reasoning Ability - Basic: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Physical/Sensory Functions: Regularly will use sit, use hands, talk/hear; Frequently will reach with hands; Occasionally will stand, walk, climb, or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, taste/smell.
- Lift and/or Move Functions: Regularly will lift up to 10 pounds; Frequently will lift up to 25 pounds; Occasionally will lift up to 50 pounds.
- Work Environment: Regularly will work near moving mechanical parts, exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
Culture is Job #1. Alta Equipment Company prides itself in the 3 P’s of business: People, Process and Product. By investing in the best people and creating a “one team” approach, Alta Equipment Company earns customers for life.
If you have a passion for excellence and are ready to make a difference within our organization, we’re ready for you. Whether it’s selling the world’s-best big iron, rolling up your sleeves and servicing our industry-leading construction and material handling product brands or being a difference maker behind the scenes, we can use your skillset.
At Alta Equipment Company, we believe in mutual respect and are committed to diversity while inspiring our employees to reach their maximum potential. Voted a “Top Work Place USA”, our 2100+ employees across the country are committed to excellence. It’s the Alta way.
So, let’s start the conversation. Click the link to apply and begin the journey of a lifetime.
Please click here to learn more and apply for this position: