Taylor Machine Works is accepting applications for Service Center Manager (Richmond, VA). To provide customers in assigned territory with a parts source and prompt service where needed. To keep machines operating efficiently in the field thereby assuring satisfactory and profitable relations to both the customer and the company.
Nature and Scope:
This position reports to the General Manager, Sudden Service, Inc. who has the responsibility to supervise the activities of all service center managers. Reporting to the Service Center Manager are a parts supervisor, field service mechanics, administrative clerk, shipping and receiving clerks. Other personnel may be added from time to time.
The Service Center serves as liaison between the customer and the company in the respective territory. The Manager directs the activities of supplying parts and labor to service and repair the broad range of Taylor products and to repair, rebuild, or replace any of the various accessories and/or attachments.
The Service Center maintains a stock of inventory of parts; issues a standard minimum supply to the service trucks, and supplies additional parts as needed. The service center receives calls from customers, dispatches a serviceman on a “first come, first served” basis, deviating from this schedule when emergencies arise.
Parts are sold over the counter to walk-in customers and are also mailed and/or delivered as a result of telephone or mail orders.
The Manager is required to have a thorough knowledge of company policies and practices affecting customer service work. He or she may be required to accompany a Taylor salesman assigned to his territory to visit customers in order to enhance the sale of Taylor products and often serves as a consultant on customer problems and may perform field service work himself, especially in making estimates on major repair jobs. The Service Center Manager has complete knowledge of the Taylor product line and the parts and assemblies, components, accessories, and attachments and is familiar with the applications in the field.
The incumbent in this position is required to have excellent abilities in customer relations, showing a real concern for customer problems and a willingness to extend himself in solving those problems. This incumbent is also required to have administrative and managerial skills in order to supervise those employees directly assigned to this position.
- Staffs, trains, develops warehouse and service personnel. Evaluates performance. Recommends appropriate recognition and reward.
- Plans and organizes schedules and activities of servicemen in the field. Follows up to ensure customer needs are met.
- Schedules and assigns repair work in shop, if any. Supervises work in progress.
- Provides and maintains facilities and equipment for receiving, storing and issuing parts.
- Establishes proper inventory levels for territory. Maintains level by accurate record keeping of requisitions, receipts, and issuance of parts.
- Receives direct orders for parts. Sells over the counter. Ships and delivers parts.
- Serves a consultant to customers on service work. Requests services of service technicians as needed.
- Prepares and submits period reports on parts, time, travel, malfunctions, etc. for billing or payroll purposes and for updating inventory and service history files.
- Evaluates service center performance. Initiates improvement toward overall company profit objective.
- Cooperates with company salesman in territory to build company image and boost sales.
- Accountable for administering area of authority with intensity, consistency, good judgment, and common sense. Delegates this authority to subordinates by teaching them the rules of good management practices.
To learn more and apply for this position click here.
Learn more about Taylor Machine works here.