POWER UP YOUR CAREER WITH LOUISIANA CAT
Louisiana Cat has been proud to represent Caterpillar® for 4 continuous generations in the state of Louisiana. We have been providing our customers with the highest quality Cat® equipment, service, and parts since 1933. We serve to build and power our community for a better future. We are always searching for high energy, ambitious candidates who are ready to join our team. You can build your future here!
We are looking for a SERVICE MANAGER to join our growing operations within Louisiana. The Service Manager is accountable for all aspects of the Service Department and plays a vital role in the overall success of Louisiana Cat. The Service Manager must possess a deep knowledge of construction equipment maintenance and repair, the skills necessary to ensure efficient shop operations and a continuous improvement mindset. This position will oversee a specific, assigned branch within the state.
- You will provide leadership and direction as required to achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction, employee engagement and profitability
- You will be responsible for the Shop Service P&L
- You will conduct regular staff meetings to coordinate activities, provide guidance, gather information and communicate company strategy
- You will manage day-to-day activities of Service Department team
- You will oversee new and used heavy equipment inspection, service and preparation
- You will manage the work order process from opening jobs to final invoices
- You will develop customer quotes for complex jobs and execute the approval process
- You will be responsible for all Shop Service and support activities associated with the shop and field service
- You will exemplify our Corporate Values of Integrity, Customer Focus, Accountability and Teamwork
- You will execute the highest level of responsibility for promoting a safe working culture
- You will serve as the professional resource & subject matter expert for employees
- You will promote a positive sustainable safety-first culture
- You will continue your building leadership tools and the building blocks to MAKE A CAREER here at Louisiana Cat
- Through our Louisiana Cat doors...walk the finest Caterpillar management professionals in the South
MOST IMPORTANT QUALIFICATIONS
- REQUIRED: Bachelor's Degree with minimum of 5 years management experience in construction equipment service & repair
- REQUIRED: Advanced skills and experience with MS Office software to include MS Excel program and spreadsheets
- HIGHLY PREFERRED: Previous experience as an Equipment Manager or Service Manager/Supervisor in related industry is a plus
- HIGHLY PREFERRED: Working knowledge of Caterpillar programs DBSi, DSI, SMIS 2 and PSEL is a plus
- Working knowledge of P&L and basic financial statements
- Ability to understand, interpret and leverage performance metrics related to efficiency, productivity, profitability, safety, market share, resource deployment, and general operations
- Exceptional communication, management, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations as they relate to the industry
- Ability to carry on effective communication with customers to maintain a high level of customer loyalty
- Alexandria, LA
- Baton Rouge, LA
- Bossier City, LA
- Darrow, LA
- Hammond, LA
- Harvey, LA
- Lafayette, LA
- Lake Charles, LA
- Monroe, LA
- Morgan City, LA
- New Iberia, LA
- Prairieville, LA
- Reserve, LA
- St. Rose, LA
- WORK HOURS: The Service Manager generally works 10-hour weekdays and may also work some Saturdays
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: Requires physical movement, lifting, squatting, bending, climbing and working with mechanical rotating parts in the Louisiana climate
LOUISIANA CAT BENEFITS
- Health, Dental, Vision, $50,000 Company Funded Life Policy (if enrolled in Health)
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Cancer, Supplemental Life and additional voluntary policies
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Paid Holidays & Vacation
- Technician Tool Loan Program up to $2,000
- Safety Boot / Safety Prescription Glasses Allowances
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Assistance
- Employee Discounts
- Credit Union
- Technician Career Development Program - Shop & Field Service Training
SAFETY IN ALL WE DO
- We require strict compliance with PPE (personal protective equipment) safety regulations.
- We maintain compliance with all Federal, State and Local safety and company regulations.
- All employees must follow all Company Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) procedures.
- Louisiana Cat is a drug-free workplace, including marijuana and THC products.
WHY PEOPLE JOIN LOUISIANA CAT
- We are dedicated to fostering a safe and meaningful work environment that empowers our employees and customers.
- We are known for creating lasting partnerships, guided by our strong company values, customer experience culture and safety standards.
- We are committed to the long-term growth and success of both our employees and customers.
- We have energy, focus and passion delivering results because what we do impacts our customers each and every day.
- We work across Construction, Electrical Power, Industrial, Marine Engines and Oil & Gas industries.
- We invest in training and development programs for our employees to build their toolkit and career paths here at Louisiana Cat.
- We offer competitive pay and benefits, paid holidays and vacation, employee incentive programs and 401(k) company match programs.
WHO WE ARE
We are a growing organization focused on creating a positive impact on our employees, customers and communities in which we operate. We seek out employees who are inspired by our values, thrive in a collaborative environment, and want to become a part of a dynamic company backed by 90+ years of success. We have 23 locations across Louisiana and the Gulf South with Corporate HQ located in Reserve, LA and Power Systems HQ located in New Iberia, LA.
- Louisiana Cat (Louisiana Machinery Co, LLC) and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. We proudly hire U.S. Veterans.
- Louisiana Cat (Louisiana Machinery Co., LLC) uses E-Verify and complies with I-9 employment eligibility requirements of all new hires. Click here for your rights: click here for more information
- Equal Employment Opportunity Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal: click here for more information
- Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision: click here for more information
- Louisiana Cat (Louisiana Machinery Co, LLC) and its affiliates are drug-free workplaces and post-offer, pre-employment process includes background check, drug/alcohol screen, and if applicable for the role, pre-employment physical/fit for duty assessments.