Taylor Machine Works, Inc. is accepting applications for a Service Sales Rep – Outside Territory (Edmond, OK)
This position is responsible for outside sales by contacting existing customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory. Customers and prospects will be contacted in person, by phone, and by email to address service, parts, and rental needs for generators and engines.
Nature and Scope:
The Service Sales Rep. will be responsible for selling service repairs, load bank testing, rental generators, diesel fuel maintenance, preventative maintenance, remote monitoring, major parts, and upgrades for all makes and models of generator systems. Detailed quotes will be prepared to include labor hours, parts, travel, mileage and other needed components and services to provide customers and prospects with complete repair and solutions for their generator system needs. All quotes will be prepared using Microsoft Excel for the worksheet portion and using Microsoft Word for the customer quote letter portion.
This position will work closely with Service personnel, Parts personnel, and Rental personnel to assure that all inquiries provided are followed up on and that all quoted pricing is agreed upon. Coordination with the Inside Salesperson will be required to assure that the needs of Preventative Maintenance customers are met.
Duties will also include making presentations to customer groups, trade associations, and working at tradeshows during time periods as required by customers. Presentations will require the use of Microsoft PowerPoint and speaking to large groups.
In addition to meeting the needs of existing customers, this position will contact any prospect that has a generator to offer our service, parts and rental capabilities. Identifying prospects will require a daily awareness while traveling and making sales calls to find generator users. Regular communications with Technicians, Sales Managers, and Management will also be required to learn of new services sales opportunities.
This position will report to the Service Manager and will receive additional direction and support from the General Service Manager, Parts Operations / OEM Sales Manager and Rental Manager.
- Provide immediate response to any service inquiry from customers or prospects.
- Prepare detailed and descriptive written quotations for service work, parts sales or rental units.
- Efficiently use computers, databases and software programs to provide fast responses to customers.
- Submit timely call reports and expense reports.
- Assure a professional appearance when in front of customers.
- Schedule efficient call routes to provide the maximum number of personal visits possible weekly.
- Develop strong working relationships with customers to assure long term, repeat business.
- Communicate regularly with service, parts, and rental management to discuss sales leads and opportunities.
- Become a part of customer trade associations and groups to promote our company, products and services.
- Improve product knowledge through self study, working with technicians in the field, and attending available training sessions.
- Previous sales experience preferred.
- Basic mechanical knowledge of generators and engines.
- Computer skills to include use of Excel, Work, PowerPoint, and Email.
- Skilled in typing, spelling, punctuation, sentence structure, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret detailed written bid specifications.
- Must work well with others and possess good people skills. Will be working closely with multiple departments such as Sales, Service, Rental, Parts and Manufacturing.
- Ability to call on customers and prospects at all levels of business.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
Our Mission is to provide our customers with the highest quality products in the world and to back them up with the most responsive aftermarket service organization available while maintaining a sound financial structure for our shareholders, vendors, community, and customers. From Service Center Managers, Engineers to General Technicians and Assemblers, we have career opportunities that reward for results. In addition, we believe in providing our employees with a challenging and rewarding environment in which to grow and prosper.
Taylor Machine Works, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.
Learn more about Taylor Machine Works, Inc. here.