Kirby-Smith Machinery, Inc. is accepting applications for a Shipping & Receiving Associate in Fort Worth, TX. Kirby-Smith Machinery, Inc. is a leading distributor of heavy equipment and cranes in the central United States. We are at the forefront of today’s construction industry growth and have several exciting job opportunities for talented, energized professionals across the region who want to join our #WeAre1KirbySmith family!
Shipping & Receiving Associate Benefits
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Paid time off and vacation
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Growth opportunities
- Paid Training
- Family-owned and operated
- Health and wellness
- Above-average industry pay
Shipping & Receiving Associate Responsibilities
- Pick, Pull, ship, and bin parts with accuracy within specified time frames
- Track shipments and freight charges via the internet and bill correctly
- Receive parts into the computer system and bin or ship as the system indicates
- Operate material handling equipment, including forklifts and hydraulic hose-build machinery in the safety-approved manner
- Load/unload delivery trucks
- Assist in inventory counts as needed
- Participate in training as designated by management
- Perform general housekeeping duties to maintain a clean, safe work environment
- Adhere to all safety rules, policies, and procedures
- Exhibit professional speech and behavior in all interactions and communications with customers and employees at all times
- Delivery parts orders if requested in the absence of the parts delivery driver
Shipping & Receiving Associate Qualifications
- Six months of previous shipping and receiving experience
- Computer literacy; experience in using shipping software a plus
- Valid driver’s license
- Physical ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds as required
- Physical ability to stand and walk throughout the workday
- Experience in using material handling equipment preferred
- Fluency in the English language: speak, read, write
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about Kirby-Smith Machinery, Inc. here.