Fuchs – Terex North America Full Circle Terminal is accepting applications for Shop Service Manager (Glen Allen, VA)
The Service Supervisor will manage and plan daily job scheduling, providing excellent service to area customer base. The successful candidate will manage and motivate team of Service Technicians including operations, planning, budget setting, and cost control and profit maximization. Candidate, preferably has a proven track record in managing and developing people, a demonstrated ability to establish and accomplish goals and priorities, and the ability to recognize, develop, and utilize resources and achieve outcomes that consistently exceed customers' expectation
- Job Planning.
- Manage, motivate and lead daily work activities of Shop Service Technicians and provide supervision and managerial support.
- Ensure professionalism and a high customer service standard.
- Expedite service orders and calls, if necessary.
- Sell repairs and follow up work.
- Track and follow up on leads brought in by field operatives (technicians and inspectors).
- Develop quotes in a timely manner.
- Schedule preventive maintenance and repair activities on equipment.
- Resolve customer issues and complaints.
- Complete, process and route appropriate paperwork.
- Provide a high level of communication with both Customer and Office.
- Perform service work to assist with overflow and emergencies, as needed.
- Source difficult to find parts.
- Coordinate the procurement of supplies, materials, equipment, and subcontract labor for jobs.
- Monitor and coordinate the maintenance of company equipment and assets to ensure they are in proper condition and good working order.
- Inspect overhead crane and hoist and conduct spot inspections and audits of the Service Technicians’ equipment and vehicles and record the results.
- Enter data into SAP database as necessary and utilize MS Office applications
- Responsible for all miscellaneous activities within the branch such as shipping/receiving, shop cleanliness, equipment/building maintenance, answering phones
- High school diploma or GED
- 5+ years of mechanic experience with heavy equipment
- 2+ years of experience managing technicians
- 1+ year of lead/supervisor experience
- Ability to pass MVR
- 2 year technical degree
- Automotive, heavy equipment, shop environment experience
- Thorough knowledge of electrical theory for power and controls.
- Familiarity with utility equipment
- Operations Experience
- Previous experience running a Service Department
- Understanding of OSHA/ANSI standard
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills
- Thorough understanding of the financials for a service company
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Products, including basic to intermediate Excel skills.
- Customer focused, with good interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Collaborative leadership skills
- SAP experience
WORK ENVIRONMENT CONSIDERATIONS:
- Work various environments and working conditions depending on assignment.
- Working at heights & some heavy lifting.
- Walking, sitting, standing, bending, driving, reading, seeing, hearing, speaking, concentrating, communicating.
- May travel to and from customer sites periodically using company vehicle and may periodically require overnight travel.
Terex Corporation is a $4.5 billion, publicly traded global manufacturer of lifting and material processing products and services. The company is passionate about producing equipment that improves the lives of people around the world. Terex operations are global, yet each office or factory is a close-knit community. Terex provides team members with a rewarding career and the opportunity to make an impact. The company values diversity and inclusion, safety, integrity, respect, servant leadership, courage and citizenship. It encourages continuous improvement and offers free courses available through Terex University. Women@Terex provides a supportive network for Terex women in their jobs and careers. It’s an exciting time to be part of the expanding manufacturing sector. Terex is a place where you can work and grow. Come talk to us!
It is the policy of the company to attract and retain the best qualified employees. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified internal or external candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status as a special disabled veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or other qualifying veteran.
The Company offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits, including paid vacation, 401(k), medical, dental, and vision.
Terex Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
For more information and to apply click here.