Are you a motivated individual who has a passion for safety?
We are looking for a Site Safety Manager who will be responsible for overseeing and executing corporate safety programs at the field level on a wide variety of Brennan projects.
- Monitor and document the effectiveness of safety control measures used throughout the project
- Assist Brennan supervisors in implementation of the safety program
- Perform site safety inspections as required. Including, boat, fire extinguisher, spill prevention, first aid supplies, flammable storage, equipment, tools, etc.
- Investigates occupational incidents, accidents, and injuries to determine the cause, possible violations of applicable standards
- Conduct safety meetings with field personnel and contractors
- Evaluate working conditions through crew observation and recommend improvements in safety and health methods, practices, and processes
- Ensure that site operations are following the project safety policy
- Explain occupational safety standards and relevant laws to supervisors, employees, clients, and onsite visitors
- Organize and conduct safety training, as needed. Red Cross training required RXR field training, Boater Safety, etc.
- High school degree or equivalent
- 3-8 years of safety experience, experience within the marine construction industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of safety programs, OSHA, US Army Corps of Engineers, US Coast Guard, NFPA, RXR and customer project specific safety requirements
- Ability to learn and use monitoring equipment, obtain OSHA 132 and EM 385 within first year
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; must be a self-starter, highly organized, and creative
- Superior time management and organizational capabilities, including the ability to accurately benchmark project length, deliver on deadlines
- Ability to travel 100% of the time to assigned project sites.
Who is Brennan?
J.F. Brennan Company, Inc. (Brennan) is a 100-year-old, family-owned company that specializes in water-based environmental remediation and marine construction headquartered in La Crosse, WI that offers our employees growth, challenging work, empowerment, and meaningful work.
Brennan is known for tackling complex maritime projects, providing unique solutions through teamwork and collaboration, and maintaining a family-orientated culture.
Why choose us?
- We are a company voted by our employees as a certified Great Place to Work®, for the fifth year in a row.
- Our culture sets us apart. We strive to make our company the best possible place to work. We work hard to continue to build a culture in which every individual is important and the key to our success.
- Our focus on safety and quality is unmatched in the industry, and our ability to innovate has enabled us to succeed.
- We are a family-focused company and are determined to provide a rewarding career that offers above-average compensation.
- We offer an industry-leading benefits package. We are proud to offer our employees and their families group health, dental and vision insurance plans, 401(K) program with generous matching, annual bonus eligibility and profit-sharing program.
- We also provide a Work-Life Balance Program, which provides a balanced schedule and additional premium while in the field.
J.F. Brennan Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.