Continental Heavy Civil Corp is accepting applications for a Skilled Laborer (Miami, FL)
Perform tasks involving physical labor at construction sites. May operate hand and power tools of all types: air hammers, earth tampers, cement mixers, small mechanical hoists, surveying and measuring equipment, and a variety of other equipment and instruments. May clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces to support the sides of excavations, erect scaffolding, and clean up rubble, debris, and other waste materials. May assist other craft workers.
- Experienced Carpenter
- Concrete Finisher
Duties and Responsibilities, including, but not limited to:
- Effectively using light equipment, depending on the job assignment
- Sod placement other material as directed by Supervisor
- Ability to use radios to communicate with other laborers at different spots
- Set up traffic cones and signs at and around road construction sites
- Some specialized tasks will require class training, which we provide
- Thorough understanding of flagging procedures and proper use of required equipment
- Provide safe passage through and around work areas
- Standing outside for long periods of time
- Construction experience preferred (but not required)
- Must be willing and able to work outside all day long, 8 - 10 hours
- Must be able to work weekends.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. with assistance
- Must be willing to perform strenuous, consistent, physical activity throughout the day.
Our management team has over 50 years of cumulative experience in our fields of expertise with offices in Miami, Jacksonville, Savannah, Brunswick, Virginia, and Puerto Rico.
Our team's varied talents allow us to successfully execute in various areas and provide our Clients the best results for their project needs.
**We are a drug-free workplace and equal opportunity Employer**
For more information and to apply click here.