Who is Greystone Construction?
Greystone Construction is client-focused general contractor offering design-build and general construction services to the commercial, industrial, and agribusiness industries. Founded in 1987, Greystone has Midwest roots and a national reach. At Greystone, every member of our team is a leader. From our craft professionals to our executives, all team members are empowered to act with purpose and integrity while striving for success in everything we do.
Join the Greystone team! We’re big enough to matter and small enough that YOU matter!
What we’re looking for
The Specialty Building Erector safety performs tasks involving the erection of steel framed buildings to meet and exceed industry standards. Erectors assist with building layout, steel erection, fabric tensioning and detailing as well as install foundations on occasion. Specialty Building Erectors report directly to the Foreman on site.
Major expectations & accountabilities
- Perform installations of pre-engineered buildings (assemble and erect steel, pull, tension, and detail fabric, frame and terminate openings).
- Safely work following steel erection plans, daily preplans and weekly toolbox talks prepared by the foreman.
- Keep work areas supplied with materials and clear of construction debris.
- Knowledge of acceptable construction site practices including occupational safety and health regulations.
- Ability to travel from jobsite to jobsite.
- Strong work ethic, decisive, ambitious, with an unwavering commitment to quality and professional work.
What you’ll need to be successful
- Must be comfortable with high intensity work environment.
- Ability to operate equipment such as skid steers, personnel lifts, and forklifts.
- High level of motivation, integrity, and commitment to team and customers.
Qualifications that can set you apart
- Previous experience with erection or large-scale framing experience.
- Able to read and interpret plans, specifications, and shop drawings.
- Results-orientated with proven ability to organize, plan and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Able to apply sound judgment and problem-solving skills to projects and challenges.
Our total rewards
- Up to 100% company paid health insurance for our team members.
- Safety training and professional development opportunities.
- Annual discretionary profit-sharing contribution to the 401k.
- 401(k) match 25% of employee contribution up to 8% of your annual wages.
- We value Safety, Teamwork, Relationships, Integrity, Versatility, and Excellence above all else.
- We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion - acknowledging, valuing, and leveraging the unique experiences and perspectives of our team members.
- Our vision is to continue to grow as a market leader, enrich the lives of our team members, and foster an inclusive environment in every regard.
- Our purpose, mission, and vision are not possible without the right people, and we are committed to fostering an inclusive, engaging, and rewarding environment for our team members.
- Greystone has a total rewards philosophy which encompasses compensation, benefits, work-life effectiveness, recognition, performance management, and talent development.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Greystone Construction is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion in our workforce. All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Talent@greystoneconstruction.com. In your email, please include a description of the accommodation you are requesting and the position for which you are applying or interested. Emails that are not related to requests for disability related accommodation will not receive a response.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Know your Rights (EEOC)
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
Greystone Construction does not accept recruiting agency solicitations.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about Greystone Construction Company here.