GHD is accepting applications for a Sr. Construction Project Manager (Little Rock, AR; Rosemont, IL; Indianapolis, IN; Baton Rouge and Metairie, LA; Plainwell, MI; St. Paul, MN; Austin, Dallas, and Houston, TX; and Green Bay, WI)
Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
GHD has an excellent opportunity for Senior Construction Project Managers with project work throughout the MidWest.
The Senior Construction Project Manager will lead and direct project teams to develop and manage small to large scale environmental, Federal projects, and civil projects. They will establish client relationships and work within and outside of GHD’s network of clients to develop work. They will ensure deadlines and quality control measures are met, evaluate project work in accordance to a predetermined timeline and budget, consistently align with the strategic goals of the organization and the scope of the contract for projects as assigned.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Understand company goals and objectives; connect them strategically with day to day efforts, including project management from the initial development to the initiation stage through to closure for all environmental remediation projects as assigned in the NE region
- Direct all aspects of execution for projects in accordance with the scope of the contract including pre-bid and proposal preparations, project start up, contract management, resource loading and cost controls, material buy out, subcontractor management, cash flow management and change order negotiations
- Collect information using project control tools to show daily progress status, compile information weekly and coordinate monthly project status reports to communicate progress using the Risk Matrix, Key Performance Indicators (KPI) graphs to control projects
- Analyze physical progress and financial data to generate timely and accurate forecasts that support performance status reporting, including completion dates and financial results
- Establish and maintain effective client relations to achieve active cooperation, prompt payment and additional work opportunities
- Proactively coach, train and motivate project teams; manage oversight of the project team and maintain project requirements for safety, quality, productivity to ensure they are maintained throughout the duration of the project
- Assist with the preparation of bids and proposals, generate, prepare and submit invoices per the terms of the contract for all assigned projects
What you will bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering/Science, or Construction Management or equivalent related combination of education and environmental remediation construction management experience
- 10+ years of experience managing environmental remediation construction projects related to soil treatment and stabilization, waterway remediation, groundwater control and treatment, site preparation, excavation or earthwork construction work or heavy civil construction; mine closure, large scale earth moving, demolition.
- Previous work experience must demonstrate a progressive increase in financial responsibility, supervisory accountability and leadership with a track record of meeting and exceeding company goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Federal projects
- Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively with little or no direct supervision and thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Experience with HCSS estimating and managing software a plus
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanization are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognize achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
GHD is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based upon an individual's capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.
For more information and to apply click here.