Senior Construction Project Manager (Des Moines, IA; Rosemont and Springfield, IL; Indianapolis, IN; Farmington Hills and Plainwell, MI; St. Paul, MN; Columbus, Sandusky, and West Chester, OH; and Green Bay, WI)
Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
GHD has an excellent opportunity for a Senior Construction Project Manager with project work throughout the MidWest.
This is a Senior Project Manager role in which you’ll lead project teams in the development and management of small- to large-scale environmental, Federal, and civil projects throughout the US Midwest.
You will ensure deadlines and quality control measures are met, evaluate project work in accordance to a predetermined timeline and budget and align with the strategic goals of the organization and scope of the project. Senior PMs develop relationships both outside of and within GHD’s network of clients to develop current and future work.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing all aspects of execution for projects including pre-bid and proposal preparations, project start up, contract management, resource loading and cost controls, material buy out, subcontractor management, cash flow management and change order negotiations
- Gathering information using project control tools to show daily progress status, compile information weekly and coordinate monthly project status reports to communicate progress using the Risk Matrix and Key Performance Indicators graphs
- Analyzing physical progress and financial data to generate timely and accurate forecasts that support performance status reporting, including completion dates and financial results
- Proactively mentoring, training and empowering project teams to ensure project requirements (i.e. safety, quality, efficiency, etc.) are maintained throughout the project's duration
- Assisting with the preparation of bids and proposals; generating, preparing and submitting invoices per the terms of the contract for all assigned projects
For success in this position, you will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, or Construction Management; equivalent management experience and combination of relevant education will be considered
- Minimum of 10 years of experience managing environmental remediation construction projects related to: soil treatment and stabilization, waterway remediation, groundwater control and treatment, site preparation, excavation or earthwork construction, heavy civil construction, mine closure, large scale earth moving, and/or demolition
- Experience working on Federal projects is highly desired
- Previous work experience must demonstrate a progressive increase in financial responsibility, supervisory accountability and leadership with a track record of meeting and exceeding company goals
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with solid ability to develop, mentor and lead professional staff
- Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively with little or no direct supervision and thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Experience with HCSS estimating and managing software a plus
If you are passionate about pursuing this position, please submit your resume and cover letter via the link below.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanization are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognize achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
This position does not provide visa sponsorship.
For more information and to apply click here.