Alberici is accepting applications for a Sr. Scheduling Engineer (St. Louis, MO)
Alberici Constructors, Inc., a leading firm in the construction industry with annual revenues exceeding $1B and most recently ranked the 30th largest General Contractor in the United States, is searching for a Sr. Scheduling Engineer to help lead scheduling efforts on major construction projects in a variety of market-segments including, but not limited to, general building, healthcare, heavy industrial, civil, energy, and water treatment.
For over 100 years, Alberici Companies have served countless communities through the development of hospitals, clean energy processing centers, infrastructure and food manufactories amongst others. At Alberici, we are proud of the quality of life our buildings bring to families throughout North America. Working at Alberici means satisfaction in knowing the work we do improves the lives of others. In turn, we continually invest in the development of our employees to provide them with fulfilling careers.
Come build your career with Alberici -- where tomorrow gets built today.
The Sr. Scheduling Engineer will, with limited supervision, participate in the development, maintenance, and analysis of project schedules.
- Develops proposal and pre-construction schedules.
- Participates in project kickoff and startup meetings.
- Works with project team to develop the Project Execution Plan and Baseline Schedule, and assists with the creation of documentation as required to gain approval of Baseline Schedules.
- Ensures work follows contract documents and company policy.
- Facilitates Planning Meetings and Scheduling Workshops to develop execution plans and create data to input into schedule.
- Loads resources into schedule activities with tiebacks to the project estimate and provides analysis on resource leveling.
- Lead discussions with internal project team members and subcontractors to develop and implement a Resource Loaded Schedule per Standard Operating Procedures.
Project Schedule Update & Analysis
- Collects status information provided by others and enters into schedule.
- Reviews and records physical site conditions in order to verify information provided by others.
- Analyzes and reports changes to critical path and all other significant variances; suggests ways to optimize.
- Analyzes performance to date and uses all data at hand (e.g. production rates, forecasted resource demands) to forecast future performance.
- Identifies and analyzes potential schedule risk events and communicates to Project Manager for action.
- Uses and develops custom scheduling reports that serve the client’s and company’s needs and is capable of relating to overall performance of the project.
- Develops “what if” scenarios or “work around” plans as required.
- Documents all changes and adverse conditions as a part of claims avoidance.
Other Project Controls Tools
- Develop and maintain 4D Models as appropriate for projects and pursuits.
- Perform productivity/production analysis for use on projects.
Policies, Tools, & Procedures
- Understands and implements the Standard Operating Procedure for scheduling as well as other related procedures.
Oversight & Analysis
- Participates in regular schedule reviews performed by the project’s responsible scheduler and Financial Manager.
Improving Internal Capabilities
- Acts as a resource for “On the Job” scheduling training of team members.
- Contribute to an online Frequently Asked Questions system to provide self-help training articles related to scheduling and other project controls topics.
- Acts as an ad-hoc resource to review and correct resource loading for other projects.
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 2 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Understands construction logistics, techniques, materials, equipment, crew sizing, and sequencing.
- Experience with multiple construction market types is preferred (healthcare, automotive, civil, industrial, sports facilities, etc.).
- Thorough understanding of scheduling tools, particularly P6, including all functionality and database administration.
- CCP, EVP, PSP, PMI-SP desired.
- The Sr. Scheduling Engineer may permanently reside anywhere in the United States (no relocation to St. Louis required), but must have the ability to be stationed at a project site anywhere across North America. Between projects this position can work remotely with occasional trips to St. Louis as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)