Hanson Professional Services, Inc. is accepting applications for a Staff Accountant/Financial Analyst (Springfield, IL)
Hanson is looking for a self-motivated Staff Accountant/ Analyst to join our accounting department in Springfield, Illinois. In this role, you’ll play an important role in our company’s financial operations, ensuring accuracy in accounting and compliance with the law, while assisting with maximizing profitability.
Hanson is a dynamic, employee-owned consulting firm of more than 400 employees providing a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, scientific, and allied services throughout the USA.
Responsibilities and Duties
Compliance to Accounting Rules
- Evaluate adherence to ASC606 rules for revenue recognition
Overhead Agency filings
- Update and submit the AASHTO Internal Control Questionnaire
- Collect and distribute the specific filing requirements of each agency with which Hanson files
Processing and tracking of Quarterly and Yearend tax filings
- Process tax payments while working directly with the CFO and external tax specialist
- Organize tax documents
Fulfilling a business analytics need
- Improve financial performance through analysis of financial results, forecasts, variances, and trends
- Assist in the development of financial models using results from process analysis, comparable companies, past transactions, and budgeting
- Reconcile results of existing transactions to expected results
- Assist in the creation of recommendations to be presented to Corporate Controller and Chief Financial Officer for process improvements based on analysis results
Qualification and Skills
0-3+ years of business finance or other relevant experience
BA or BS degree required (Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics)
Strong analytical and data gathering skills
Advanced knowledge and experience using Microsoft applications especially Excel, (including VLOOKUPs, and Pivot Tables), experience with Power BI is a plus.
Good business acumen
- 3-5+ years of business finance or other relevant training
- Strong quantitative and analytical competency
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
- Proven work experience in a quantitatively heavy role
- Ability to streamline functions and passion to learn and grow
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
Working at Hanson
- Must be able to collaborate with remote colleagues in other offices.
- Candidate must be willing to accept out-of-town travel assignments and to work overtime to meet project demands.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
As employers/governmental contractors, we comply with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities where they apply. To assist us in meeting our affirmative action goals, employees are encouraged to refer minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY — AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
EEO / MINORITY / FEMALE / INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES / VETERANS
Successful applicant must be able to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 prior to their start date or prior to January 4, 2022, whichever is later, or be granted an exemption based on a disability or sincerely held religious belief. If you cannot receive the vaccine because of a disability or a sincerely-held religious belief, you may submit an accommodation request to the Hanson HR Team. Learn more about the COVID-19 vaccination here - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/index.html.
Hanson specializes in engineering, planning and a range of allied services. We’re an employee-owned, award-winning consulting firm with offices across the United States.
Since 1954, our clients have known us as a trusted partner, committed to their success and capable of handling challenging projects. From planning and design to construction and completion, we’ll take a hands-on approach to your project with a clear focus on your goals, budget and timeline.
For more information and to apply click here.